Chapter 20

"Alright...You sure we should do this?", Panda looked up at Grizz. 

"Yeah...We made a promise", Grizz breathed. "Let's just do this"

Panda braced himself as he clicked and opened the app that started this: Panda's social account.

"You got the images?", Grizz asked.

"Yeah..You wanna pick them?", Panda suggested.

Grizz chose 3 photos that he felt were the best.

"Thanks, I'll do the rest", Panda sighed.

He uploaded the 3 pictures. One of the trail, the lights and the view of the city. He put a caption under it and sent it. He really didn't want to be on this app at all. 

Though, Grizz and Panda don't blame anyone for what happened, they both just figured it was for the best to just abandon social media altogether. This was the first time Panda looked at his feed in months. He braced himself and clicked on notifications. He was surprised to see over 70 messages. Despite his better judgement at this point, he decided to at least read a few. The first one was a brand new one about the trail. Scrolling past that one there was a message that caught Panda's eye.

"I don't know if you'll see this, but you probably do I just wanted you to know. I'm Ice Bear-san's martial arts instructor. He was an amazing student and he talked about you often. I am feel deep sorrow that he is now gone. If you ever see this message please know that we will greatly miss  him"

"Grizz! Hey, come read this. It's from Ice's martial arts instructor", Panda called.

"Hmm?", Grizz picked up the phone and read what the message said. Panda could see his eyes move back and forth. Grizz them scrolled down and smiled a bit. 

"Heh. This one one is from someone who visited when we turned our cave into a cafe", Grizz chuckled at the memory. "He says he'll miss that amazing 'coffee bear' ".

Panda smiled  and looked up at Grizz.

"I know..", Grizz smiled back.

"I wish he could see these", Panda mused as he scrolled through more.

"Heh. I'm sure he already knows", Grizz stood behind Panda and wrapped his paws around him.

"Yeah. Uh, Grizz? Can I ask you something?", Panda suddenly asked.

"Uh, sure"

"Which do you think is better? Mayo or Ketchup?", Panda asked without hesitation.

"Uh, I like ketchup more", Grizz answered shrugging.

"Hmmmm. Alright", Without warning Panda got up and went into the living room, grabbed his Nintendo Switch and turned it on. "Thanks, Grizz!"

"Uh, alright..", Grizz sighed.