Chapter 3

Third person's POV

Boruto observed you from a distance as you walked away from your brother, leaving him with his girlfriend. A subtle frown crept onto his face as he couldn't help but wonder why Saki hadn't told him about the people she knew. His thoughts were a whirlwind of confusion and frustration.

"Why didn't she tell me about them?" He sighed heavily, his frustration mounting as he questioned the unsettling feeling that had taken hold of him. "Why does everything feel so wrong? What went wrong?"

His gaze followed you as you engaged in a conversation with Sasuke, and his frown deepened.

Anger surged through you, and you stomped the ground in frustration. "That witch! Why is she here anyway? I-"

"Uh, (y/n)?" A voice interrupted your tirade, and you spun around in surprise, your heart racing as you tried to remember the name of the stranger from earlier.

"What do you want? Scolding me like the others do?" You managed to maintain a composed facade, despite the turmoil of having to confront the boyfriend of your relentless tormentor.

"What? No! Just chill out, alright?! We have a project... together," the boy stammered awkwardly.

"What a surprise!" You retorted dismissively, turning to leave. In the next moment, you felt the blonde boy grabbing your wrist, causing your heart to sink. You turned your head, only to be met with his flustered expression.

"Hey! You can't just leave like that!"

"Just leave me alone! Everybody is calling me a murderer! Even you'll do that!" Your sudden response caught him off guard, and he released your wrist. Without looking back, you sprinted away from him as fast as your legs could carry you.

"Great. I guess I have to stay away from him as well," you mumbled, finally coming to a stop. Emotions welled up within you, and you didn't want to share your inner turmoil with anyone. The constant accusations of being a murderer from people you barely knew had haunted you for years, yet no one had ever provided an explanation. You sighed heavily as tears welled up in your eyes, feeling utterly alone in your struggle.

As tears threatened to flow, you heard someone calling your name. You turned to see Itachi and Sasuke rushing toward you.

Determined to hide your vulnerability, you wiped your tears away and greeted them with a bright smile, laughing off the sadness that had engulfed you. Sasuke, however, ignored your facade and scolded you.

"God damn it, (y/n)! Don't walk away like that!" He slapped your arm, displaying his concern. "We were worried about you!"

Itachi interjected with a touch of humor, "And you, don't use bad language, foolish little brother!" His comment elicited laughter from you, while Sasuke clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Very funny, aniki!" Sasuke started arguing with his brother, and you continued walking with a small, genuine smile on your face, concealing your inner turmoil.

"I'll keep falling down, and nobody can help me. Not even these two..."

Meanwhile, Boruto lay on his bed, deep in thought about your words. Hours had passed, and his silence began to worry Himawari, his younger sister.

She entered his room, clutching her panda plush, and expressed her concern. "Onii-san! What's wrong with you? You've suddenly become so quiet since we saw the list!"

Boruto narrowed his eyes and replied, "Yeah, so?" He scratched the back of his head and let out a quiet sigh as Himawari continued to question him. "And you don't want to go to Chocho's party! Even though you're the party guy!"