Chapter 56

Boruto was abruptly woken up by Inojin, his friend knocking urgently on the door at the ungodly hour of 5 AM. Startled, Boruto shot up in his bed and grumbled, "W-What is it?!" He glanced at the clock and groaned, burying his head under the pillow. "The heck is wrong with you, Inojin!? It's 5 AM!"

Inojin sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, trying to contain his excitement. "Sorry, but there's something amazing you have to see!"

Boruto rolled his eyes in annoyance. "If it's about (y/on) and Sarada, then-AGH!" His protest was cut off as Inojin dragged him out of bed. "Inojin! CUT IT OUT, YOU LITTLE-"

"Shut up and get over it! What did you dream about anyway?" Inojin pushed him toward the balcony, where the rest of their friends were already gathered, their expressions serious.

Boruto joined Shikadai, perplexed. "What's going on here, Shikadai?"

"Boruto, look." Shikadai pointed toward a crowd of people outside, shouting and waving flags with various symbols. Boruto's eyes widened at the sight.

"People are protesting?" He furrowed his brows. "Against the mayor?"

Himawari, who was also present, nodded solemnly. "That never happened before... why now? People can get arrested because of that."

"Who's the leader?" Chocho asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I think we should check this out. It could get out of hand," Inojin suggested. Everyone agreed, and they began putting on their shoes.

Boruto placed a reassuring hand on his little sister's shoulder as she tried to slip on her slippers. "Himawari, you stay here with Shikadai and Chocho. I promise we'll be back shortly."

However, Himawari firmly refused, "No, I want to come with you, Onii-chan!"

Shikadai chimed in, "Are you going to be fine without us? Don't blame me if anything happens to you or us!"

"That's fine with me!" Chocho shrugged. "Let's turn on some K-Pop music!"

Himawari cheered, "Yaaaay! K-Pop for life!"

Inojin pouted, "Now I wanna stay here!"

Boruto sighed in exasperation before dragging Inojin away. "There's something you have to feel after waking me up for nothing. It's called KARMA!"

"Says the one who's mourning about his lover!"

"Lover? Don't make me laugh!"

"(y/on) this and (y/on) that! I always hear you whispering her name!"

"Find a lover for yourself, then we'll talk!" Boruto retorted.

As they reached the protest, Boruto and Inojin realized the situation had escalated quickly. Tsunade, who was holding a microphone, stood at the forefront, addressing the crowd. The people around them were chanting and cheering in agreement with her words.

Tsunade finally noticed Boruto and the others and called out, "BORUTO UZUMAKI!"

Boruto winced as all eyes turned to him. Tsunade handed him the microphone, and Boruto felt the weight of the moment. He had to say what he was supposed to say, and he couldn't afford to mess it up.

"As far as you know, the former mayor, Naruto Uzumaki, had two children. One of them is me, and the other one my little sister, Himawari Uzumaki, who's been missing for a while," he began. The crowd reacted with shock and disbelief.

Boruto continued, "It's been ten years since the catastrophe. Like you, we've also been through so much." He shared his family's struggle, painting a picture of their pain and suffering. The crowd listened attentively, their expressions shifting from surprise to empathy.