Chapter 54

Third person's POV

You struggle to regain your senses, your vision blurred and disoriented. The voices around you only add to your confusion, leaving you with a million questions racing through your mind.

"She's waking up, get the syringe!"

The urgency in the voices fills you with fear as someone lifts your head and administers an injection. Panic courses through your veins as you try to make sense of your surroundings and what is happening to you.

"W-Who..."

A gasp escapes your lips as you attempt to speak, but your words are disjointed and barely coherent. You can't tell if you've offended or upset the person tending to you.

"What's wrong with her?!"

You strain to listen to the footsteps approaching, struggling to piece together the fragmented information. Another person enters the room, bringing some clarity to the situation.

"Don't worry. She can't recognize anyone for now. The same goes for Sarada. We're lucky that both of their conditions are fine."

Sarada? The mention of her name sends shivers down your spine. What happened to the two of you? Where are Sasuke, Itachi, and the others?

Your heart races as you try to move, but your body feels unresponsive, leaving you helpless and frustrated.

"Why can't I move?" you wonder, your thoughts racing in a frantic attempt to make sense of the situation.

"You should be aware that your son is going to search for them... and if he finds out that..."

The conversation between the voices begins to fade, leaving you feeling as though you are floating away. It's an eerie sensation, like you're being lifted into the heavens. In that moment, you see a vision of your father standing before you, a warm smile on his face.

Desperately, you try to reach out to him, your hand trembling as you raise it. But before you can make contact, darkness envelops you, and you slip back into unconsciousness, left to wonder whether it was all just a dream.

-

"How troublesome. His sister and childhood friends are gone. No wonder he locked himself," Shikadai commented, standing next to Boruto's bedroom door.

Chocho, who was leaning against the wall nearby, chimed in, "Is there really nothing we can do? This is so messed up..."

Inojin added his thoughts, "Sarada was the only one who really understood him when it comes to parents and stuff. Always had his back, even when he messed up."

Chocho nodded, "Sarada is great, not greater than me, though." She grinned, "But (y/on) understood him when it comes to everything. Losing parents, their daddies being too busy... heck, she even helped his little sis with trouble his ex-girlfriend caused."

"Ex-girlfriend," Shikadai corrected with a slight smirk.

Chocho waved it off, "True enough... I just wish they could've, like, gotten together. They understand each other way too well. True love."

Inojin sighed, "Me too. It's sad they're both gone."

Chocho continued, "I wish I had a lover... (y/on) should be grateful! We all know how loyal Boruto is!"

Inojin retorted, "How cheesy... You're reminding me of my mom..."

She shot him a glare, "You boys never understand! In comparison to Boruto, you're just a whiny mascot who likes to draw cheesier things!"

"At least I can share things better than you!"

"Can we put this subject aside?" Shikadai interjected, "We're supposed to take care of Boruto, especially me."