Chapter 14

Third person's POV

Himawari cried in your arms, turning away from everyone.

"It's okay...everything will be fine," you reassured her, feeling a sense of guilt for her situation.

Itachi stepped closer to her, patting her back gently. "Himawari, what's wrong?"

"Hima-chan?" Saki tried to reach out to her, but you slapped her hand away. Himawari turned her head to Saki, her face paling.

"NO....NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Himawari yelled, her eyes widening in horror. The people around you stopped walking, looking at you all in surprise and concern.

"Himawari!" Her brother's voice rang out.

Pushing through the crowd, he grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around to face him. "What's wrong with you?! Why are you scared of Saki! Tell me!"

Himawari shook her head and buried her face in your jacket.

With anger in her eyes, Saki grabbed you by your right arm, causing you to wince in pain. "Did you do something to her?"

"I should ask you the same question." Gathering your resolve, you stepped in front of Himawari, determined not to let anyone hurt her.

"You murderer! MURDERER!" Saki continued to shout. The shock on the faces of the onlookers was evident. Angered, Sasuke shielded you from any further accusations.

"Stop talking nonsense. She never killed anyone," Sasuke said coldly, taking out a knife.

"If you want to hurt my sister, then you have to defeat me first. I'd love to see your blood spill. I don't care who you are."

Boruto glanced at Sasuke, recognizing the protective instinct he displayed. It reminded him of himself when he protected his little sister, but something felt off. He hadn't protected Himawari for a long time, hadn't asked how she felt, and had never really looked out for her as Sasuke did.

"Well, she's your adoptive sister..." Saki pointed out.

"It doesn't matter. I consider her my sister. Even if she's not related to the Uchihas," Sasuke replied. Your eyes widened, and a smile formed on your face.

Boruto clenched his teeth, standing in front of Saki. "Leave her alone!" You noticed Saki blushing and rolled your eyes. Sasuke growled, growing more agitated.

"That stupid woman of yours hurt my sister, you damn asshole!" Sasuke yelled, making you gasp at his words. He seemed to be losing control.

"Feel some pain, you witch!" Sasuke pushed Boruto and moved to attack Saki with a knife. Himawari immediately looked away, screaming in terror. Your heart raced.

"SASUKE! DON'T DO IT!" You screamed, but Sasuke didn't listen. Boruto looked at you in surprise. She doesn't want Saki to get killed... he thought to himself. Is that how a murderer should act?

He shook his head. No.

"SASUKEEEEE!!!!!" You screamed at the top of your lungs. To your surprise, he was stopped by his older brother.

"Don't turn yourself into a murderer, foolish little brother," Itachi admonished. Sasuke growled in frustration.

"Fine."

You rushed over to Sasuke with tears in your eyes. "Sasuke, why?!"

Sasuke looked away. "Sorry, but I don't want you to have suicidal thoughts because of her," he explained, wiping away your tears.

"I just don't want to lose another family member..."

Sarada smiled warmly at the sight of you hugging your brother.