Chapter 29

Third person's POV

"So, you are (y/n) (l/n)?" one of the policemen asked, and you nodded in response. The policeman then turned his attention to Boruto, who was ready to answer their questions.

"We will ask you a few questions about the events from yesterday," the officer stated, flipping through some files. You sat next to Boruto, your mind filled with thoughts of your friends and the Uchiha brothers.

"First, please explain to us what happened," the officer ordered. You glanced at Boruto, who began recounting the events.

"And in the end, she attacked the last one and killed him with a hammer," Boruto finished explaining. The policeman looked at you, surprised.

"Is that true?" he asked, and you nodded in confirmation. The officer made notes of everything on a piece of paper. The other officer observed you, clearly impressed.

"You two are really brave for teenagers!" he complimented, patting your heads. You forced a small, sad smile.

"Can I ask you something?" you interjected, breaking the silence. The policeman who had finished writing looked at you curiously and responded with an affirmative.

"Who is Mrs. Yume?" you asked, a note of desperation in your voice. Boruto furrowed his brow, curious about the name as well.

"Should we tell them?" you heard the policeman ask his colleague, who nodded before turning to address you.

"It's good if you have some information," he said. You scratched your head and nodded, eager to learn more.

"Okay, please explain," you requested. The officer began to provide some background information.

"Mrs. Yume was once an ally of the former mayor of Konoha, along with two other friends of hers," he explained. You listened attentively, wanting to understand the situation better.

"She is a highly skilled individual who worked in security for fifteen years after being adopted by some adults."

You couldn't help but think that the situation had become even more complex and intriguing.

"After ten years passed, she became a mother, having only one child and a husband. Her life remained normal until she killed someone to protect the former mayor and her friends a decade ago," the officer continued. Boruto's expression darkened upon hearing "the former mayor."

"But one of her two friends became furious with her because she had killed someone who was important to him."

You averted your gaze from the policeman, memories of events ten years ago resurfacing.

"The person sought revenge by targeting someone precious to her, and he sent many individuals to find and kill a specific target," the officer explained further.

"No..." Boruto whispered in disbelief.

"Her daughter, who was only six years old," the officer added, causing your eyes to widen in shock.

A six-year-old? Her daughter? This couldn't be a coincidence, could it?

"What's her name?" Boruto asked quietly. The policeman reached for another paper filled with information about the woman and her family.

"The daughter's name is (y/n) Yume," the officer replied. Boruto's eyes widened in shock.

"No...it can't be!" he shouted, abruptly standing up and causing his chair to fall to the ground with a loud thud. The policeman shrugged, and you looked at Boruto, equally confused and worried.

What was happening?

"Well... all we know about her is that she had an accident and disappeared afterward. Nobody ever found her again. This event occurred in 2006. Before that, she had three friends she was close to: a Uzumaki, which is you, Boruto, someone from the Uchiha clan, and someone from the Yuuta clan."