Chapter 44

Third person's POV

"Daaaaaaaad, we're home!" Your father beamed as he notices your upbeat mood. Sasuke, on the other hand, flashed his characteristic, somewhat sadistic smile.

"It felt good to kick some butts today..." He winked playfully at your father. Itachi couldn't help but shake his head at his younger brother's penchant for trouble.

"Foolish little brother..." Itachi gave Sasuke a disapproving look, followed by a resigned sigh. Your father rolled his eyes, all too aware of what has transpired.

"You had fights again? We talked about this two years ago!" Your father's voice carried a tone of frustration.

Sasuke couldn't meet your father's gaze and mumbles something under his breath.

"But they were bullying (y/n)," he offered in justification. "Bolt helped me teach them a lesson."

Your father, understanding that Sasuke's protective instincts are deeply ingrained, nodded in reluctant acceptance. He turned away, visibly grimacing at the thought of Sasuke getting into fights. This elicited laughter from Himawari and Chocho, who find your father's expression amusing.

With a wry smile, you quietly slipped away from the gathering and retreated to your room. As you entered and lock the door behind you, you tossed your schoolbag onto your bed, a mixture of satisfaction and dissatisfaction lingering in your thoughts.

"Murderer!" One of the bullies spat out the harsh word at you. You cast a withering glance at them but chose to ignore their taunts, continuing to walk away.

Sasuke intervened with a dark, menacing aura surrounding him. He shot a chilling glare at the bullies, causing you to instinctively step back.

Despite the palpable tension, one of the bullies dared to hurl the same insult at you again. "Murderer!"

In an instant, the bully let out an agonized scream, clutching his leg in shock as if it had been severely injured, if not broken.

"M-MY LEG!?"

Meanwhile, Boruto swiftly brandished a knife, and before you could even react, the other bully was clutching his bleeding arm, his face twisted in pain.

"MY ARM!" he shrieked in agony. Boruto wasted no time and used a rope to tie their injured limbs together. The bullies struggled in vain to free themselves.

It was evident that Boruto and Sasuke's actions could land them in detention, but neither of them seemed to care in the slightest.

"Good job, Bolt."

"You too." Boruto watched the bullies with indifference as they desperately tried to call for a teacher. After a brief moment, he walked away, leaving you behind with a hint of hurt in your eyes.

Sasuke broke the silence with his typically monotone voice, asking, "Are you coming?" You nodded and followed him out of the school.

It may have been a day marred by conflict, but as you left the school, the sun shone brightly in the sky, casting a warm glow over the world, a stark contrast to the turmoil you had just witnessed.

As you gather your homework materials, you can't help but smile, realizing that you've come to understand Naruto's care for you. It's only a matter of time before you two reconcile.

"Heeeey, onee-chan! Let's do some homework!" Himawari's cheerful voice rings out, and you rise from your bed, ready to tackle your schoolwork together.

"Sure!" You collect your study materials and head over to your brother's room, ready to tackle your homework as a team