Chapter 40

Third person's POV

Boruto felt an intense urge to confess his feelings to (y/n) at that moment. He knew that Himawari might scold him if he didn't seize this chance to express his love for the person he truly cared about. Then why was he hesitating?

"Uh, (y/n)! I have to tell you something. It's important!" Boruto finally managed to muster the words. He looked away from his hands and met (y/n)'s gaze.

"Huh? What is it?" (Y/n) side-glanced at him before putting the manga away. Boruto cleared his throat, trying to gather his courage.

Is the library even a good place to confess? He glanced at the table, his face turning as red as a tomato.

"(Y/n), listen. I..." Boruto started, but was interrupted when (y/n) spoke.

"Yeah?" She patiently waited for him to continue, ignoring the blush on his face.

"I-"

"-Hey (y/n)! Nice to see you here!" A voice suddenly called out, causing both Boruto and (y/n) to freeze. From behind the bookshelf appeared the last person they wanted to see.

(Y/n) abruptly stood up. "Obito?!"

"'Sup?" Obito greeted casually, smiling the most innocent smile anyone could ever imagine from him.

"Why did you come here?" Boruto asked, his voice sounding serious as he squirmed uncomfortably.

"I should ask you the same question, Uzumaki," Obito scoffed, crossing his arms.

Both of them stared at each other, tension building as if they were rivals. (Y/n) looked at them in confusion and took a step back.

What is happening? She frowned at the weirdly creepy atmosphere between them.

"Guys, stop it! You're not enemies! You're supposed to be nice to each other!" She scolded, catching their attention.

Obito grinned and chuckled. "Nice one, (y/n)!"

"I'm serious, Obito!" (Y/n) let out a frustrated sigh.

As the friend-wanting type, Obito would like to be nice to him or even become friends with him. But when it comes to his loved ones or people he can rely on, he wouldn't be the nice guy at all.

Sarada clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Great..."

Himawari pouted as (y/n) tried to stop them from killing each other.

"What can we do now? Obito is ruining everything!" She whispered while looking at the ground in disappointment.

Inojin facepalmed. "That stupid guy... he came here 'accidentally'!" He shot Obito an ironic look.

Chocho continued to eat her Onigiris, listening to the others cursing.

After twenty seconds full of cursing, the female Uchiha tapped her chin, choosing to execute her Plan B.

-

Boruto sighed as he stood in front of (y/n)'s home. Why did Obito always have to block his path?

"I have to talk with our French teacher about the incident. You can already go home if you want," she had told him before he went to her home by himself.

And now he was standing here, feeling as though time had come to a standstill.

He put a hand on his face, wiping away the sweat on his forehead. Just thinking about the poor teacher, who was also the mother of the child who had almost been kidnapped by those men, made him want to punch himself so hard.