Chapter 30

Third person's POV

"Itachi! Sasuke!" You enter the patient room where the two Uchihas are. Itachi, who lays on the bed next to Sasuke's, smiles brightly upon seeing you.

"Imouto!"

"Little baby brat! What are you doing here?" Sasuke asks in disbelief. You rush to him and hug him tightly, tears of joy welling up in your eyes.

"And since when did you become so emotional?" Sasuke questions again, sounding somewhat surprised but not making any move to push you away.

"I'm so happy that you're okay!" You continue to cry in joy, your relief evident. Itachi sighs, his own relief matching yours as he observes your mood after the harrowing ordeal.

Sasuke awkwardly returns the hug, averting his gaze but not resisting. Eventually, you break the hug and inspect their injuries with a hint of guilt in your eyes.

"Sasuke, I..." you begin.

"I already know. Good job," Sasuke interrupts, his voice surprisingly warm. He smiles softly, a rare display of praise and tenderness that catches you off guard.

Your eyes widen, Sasuke's words and smile leaving a profound impact on you. Your smile beams brightly, albeit briefly, before the gravity of your missing friends and Tenten clouds your mood.

"And how are the others?"

"Don't worry, they're all fine, and the teacher knows about everything. She won't punish you and Boruto for it," Itachi reassures you, trying to ease your concerns.

You breathe a sigh of relief. At least they're safe...

"And where is that Burrito?" Sasuke asks, causing you to chuckle at the nickname once again and look down with a hint of shame.

"Well, we were at the police station to talk about the situation, but then I remembered something while speaking with the policemen..." Their eyes widen at your words.

"And then?" Sasuke inquires eagerly, a touch of curiosity in his voice. You look at him with a sheepish expression.

"I ran away."

Sasuke groans, and Itachi shakes his head, sighing deeply.

"Of course," Itachi mutters, and Sasuke clicks his tongue in mild exasperation.

Great reaction, and great job, (y/n), you think to yourself sarcastically.

"Oh my god..." Sasuke facepalms.

"Calm down, alright? Everything will be fine! Just wait..." Itachi nods in agreement, putting his trust in you and your words.

"So, I have to go and spend some time alone... It was good to see you!" You bid them farewell, hugging each of them before making your exit from the hospital.

Everything will be fine...

-

Boruto stormed into the room, breathless and agitated. Sasuke and Itachi both looked at him, with Sasuke clearly annoyed by the nickname Boruto used.

"Hey, Itachi, duckbutt!"

"Don't call me that," Sasuke snapped at Boruto.

"Hi, Boruto!" Itachi greeted with a warm smile, unfazed by the tension between the two boys.

Boruto's eyes darted around the room as he caught his breath. "Have you seen (y/n)?"

Sasuke and Itachi exchanged knowing glances. Sasuke sighed in irritation before responding, "She left about 20 minutes ago, you moron."