Chapter 20

Third person's POV

"Thanks again!" Boruto said, a bright smile on his face. You couldn't help but return his smile. It was a relief to see them finally free of worry.

"You're welcome, blondie."

As you watched the siblings, your mind drifted back to the mysterious person from your memories. Boruto also seemed oddly familiar, but you pushed those thoughts aside. Right now, your priority was helping Himawari with her injured arm. You gently took her left arm in your hands and examined it closely.

"...So she did the same thing to you," you muttered, not surprised but concerned. Himawari glanced at her injured arm, clearly traumatized by the experience.

"Saki did that?... but how?" Boruto asked, his finger tracing one of the tiny scars.

You removed the bandage from your right arm, revealing your injuries. Boruto's gaze fixed on your arm, his expression a mix of shock and sympathy.

"She didn't injure your arm the way she did mine. Yours will heal more quickly... thankfully," you explained, your arm still showing some bruises and scars, but not as severe as Himawari's.

"Please take this with you just in case!"

You suddenly remembered the association suitcase Itachi had given you before you left. It brought a warm smile to your face, thinking about your thoughtful adoptive brother.

"Wait here!" You retrieved the suitcase and some ointment creams, carefully tending to Himawari's arm. Once you were done, you packed your things back into the suitcase.

"Thank you so much!" Himawari expressed her gratitude with a warm hug, and you gently patted her head with your right hand. Boruto, feeling guilty about his earlier judgments, spoke up quietly.

"I'm sorry," he said. You looked at him in surprise, instinctively hiding your right arm behind your back.

"About what?"

Boruto sighed, not one to easily offer apologies. "For everything I've done," he admitted. You regarded him with understanding.

Wow...

"It's okay."

"So, friends?"

"Friends!"

-

"Will I see mommy today?" Tenten's innocent question hung in the air, and you found yourself at a loss for words. Her mother had never prepared you for this.

"Well..." Boruto started, struggling to find the right words or an excuse.

You tried to offer a reassuring smile, but your head began to throb again. Suddenly, as you reached school, you came to a sudden halt, seeing those haunting images once more.

"Come on, let's play hide and seek!" your best friend suggested, taking your hand.

"I can't. I want to see my mommy... where is she? Mommy?" You looked around, searching for your mother.

"She's probably at home or something!"

...

"I hope you're right!"

Warm tears welled up in your eyes, your vision blurring as you fought back the urge to cry out. Boruto and Himawari turned to look at you, as did Tenten. You quickly wiped away your tears and hurried over to them.

"Sorry, I just remembered something again..." you murmured. Himawari furrowed her brow and patted your back.

"Remembered what?"