Chapter 37

Third person's POV

Inojin, along with everyone else in the room, was utterly dumbfounded by your sudden outburst of affection towards Boruto. Sarada's laughter filled the air, while Himawari sported a surprised expression, not sure what to make of the situation.

"Awwwwwwwwwwww!"

Panic took over you as you realized the implications of your words and actions. You immediately released Boruto from your hug and stood up, desperately trying to correct the misunderstanding.

"IT'S NOT WHAT I SAID! IT'S NOT WHAT I SAID! I'M SORRY!" you shouted, your embarrassment driving you out of the room. For the first time in a long while, you wished you could run away from your own home, even though you were already there.

Your POV

I find myself sitting in a corner, dressed up as a nurse, contemplating the embarrassing nightmare that just came true. Confessing in front of everyone? As if I'm falling for him! The last two weeks have been the craziest of my entire life. Now, I'm stuck in this ridiculous costume, wondering if things could get any worse.

"Oiiiii-chan! (y/n)!" I hear a voice calling my name. It's Sasuke and the pink fairy, Himawari. I hope Sasuke hasn't heard about what happened. I put on a fake smile and try to act "normal," even though I can't help but feel utterly ridiculous.

"Whoaaaa, you're wearing the costume!" Himawari exclaims, pointing at my nurse outfit. I chuckle nervously, trying to play it cool.

"Hey, Sasuke," I say, as he approaches me. He kneels down and gives me a piercing look with his colorless eyes. I know I'm in trouble.

"Oh, god, I'm dead, so freaking dead," I mumble as he suddenly hits me on the head, making me wince in pain.

"OUCH! What was that for!?" I protest.

"YOU SERIOUSLY CONFESSED TO SOMEONE LIKE HIM!?" Sasuke's voice is sharp, filled with disapproval.

"I swear, it wasn't on purpose!" I retort, trying to defend myself.

"Don't make me laugh, you little baby fuck!"

.

.

.

Is it okay that I wished he were in a hospital right then? He had never called me that... I had to admit, I was more than disappointed in this overbearing older brother act. He wasn't even my real brother, but why did he insist on acting like one? Sometimes, I wished I could have had an older sister instead, someone who might understand and be a bit nicer.

"LISTEN THERE, YOU SON OF A DEPRESSED CLAN!" I couldn't help but snap, and I was shocked at my own words.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"

"PLEASE STOP!"

We both turned our heads to the innocent Himawari, and I felt a pang of guilt. I didn't know how to control my fury at that moment. It was like an energy was swirling in my stomach, and I wanted to punch him so hard.

"Sasuke, pull yourself together! And you too, (y/n)!"

"Fine," we both muttered, looking away from each other, still grumpy.

"You're not falling for someone?" Sasuke asked. Why would I? Boys were really stupid, as Sarada always said, and he was the perfect example of that!

"Of course not! I was just having a weird feeling!"

"... A weird. feeling? I'm calling a doctor."

"Wait, no!" Himawari took his phone from him and hid it behind her back. Sasuke hissed and tried to take it back, but Himawari stood her ground.