Chapter 11

Lying on the ground, you brace yourself for impact, but it never comes.

What just happened? You open your eyes and look up, spotting Sarada, who prevented the collision. Your jaw nearly drops in astonishment.

"Let go of the chair! Let me get my revenge!" Saki shouts, but Sarada continues to resist, trying to wrest the chair away from her.

"I may not be as strong as you, but I can still stop you! You may have poisoned me and injured my arm like you did to (y/n), but I won't let you win!" Sarada retorts, kicking Saki away and successfully restoring the chair.

You stare at her, overwhelmed with gratitude for her assistance.

"Why are you helping her anyway?" you hear Saki scream in frustration.

Crying loudly, she snatches the chair back from Sarada. Sarada reacts swiftly as Saki attempts to strike you once more, kicking the chair away and causing Saki to fall with a resounding thud.

You gasp in shock, and Chocho does the same.

"Because she's my friend," Sarada replies, leaving both Saki and you wide-eyed.

Her friend? You offer a faint smile at her response.

Sarada sighs and turns her attention to you.

She looks familiar... I can't quite place it... Sarada thinks, then shifts her gaze back to Saki.

Saki gets up, wearing a malevolent expression as she gazes at both of you. "You little piece of shit... you will suffer, I swear... just because you have a new Uchiha on your side doesn't mean you'll have a better life!" Saki spits out before walking away.

"What?" you mutter in confusion.

Sarada helps you up and checks to see if you're injured, a relieved smile on her face as she finds you unharmed.

You explain what happened, but Chocho starts speaking rapidly. "Oh my God, why did this happen? Oh God, oh God—"

"Yes, Chocho, we get it," Sarada interrupts her friend, covering her mouth to silence her.

"What did she mean by 'having a new Uchiha on your side'? Is the Uchiha Clan special?" you inquire. Sarada briefly averts her gaze from you, then offers a gentle smile.

"Let's go join the others, okay? You can discuss that with your brothers!" she suggests, taking your hand.

Sarada then turns her attention to Chocho, who stands there with a shocked expression. It's no wonder she's stunned.

"Chocho? Are you okay? Would you like to sit with us?" Sarada asks, and Chocho only nods. She wants to be with her friend and avoid any further interaction with Saki after what she witnessed.

As you all make your way to the others, you notice Sarada limping instead of walking normally. Did she hurt her leg? You recall the moment when she kicked the chair away. Oh no.

"God damn it, (y/n)!" Sasuke curses when he sees you approaching with Sarada and Chocho.

Himawari immediately stands up upon seeing Sarada. "Did something happen?" She walks over to Sarada to check on her leg, then glances at Chocho, surprised to see her with them.

"Yes, and she saw everything," Sarada responds, pointing at Chocho, who nods and forgets about food. You remain silent, contemplating Saki's question to Sarada and her statement to you.

"Why are you helping her anyway?"

As the question lingers in your mind, a deep sense of disappointment in yourself takes hold. Why are the others helping you when you feel like such a burden to them?