Chapter 19

Third person's POV

You rush to Himawari's room, your heart pounding with anxiety.

"Oh God, oh God, I need to text Sasuke!" You berate yourself, frantically patting your pockets before realizing you left your phone in Boruto's room.

"My phone! Seriously?" You mutter in frustration as you crouch under the bed. Boruto calls out for his sister.

"Himawari! Where are you? Stop playing hide and seek!" He roams around, searching in vain. Finally, he rushes into her room and spots you hidden beneath the bed.

"What's our plan now?"

"Just tell her to... oh wait, you won't do that. So, bring me my phone! I have an idea," you say, an evil grin crossing your face.

"Oooooookay?" Boruto hesitantly agrees and hurries back to his room. You sit on the bed, waiting patiently. Your right arm still throbs slightly, a reminder of the recent injury.

Boruto returns with the phone, handing it over to you. You mumble a quick 'thank you' and start dialing Sasuke's number. Imagining him storming into the house to confront Saki, you almost hit the call button.

But then, you have a change of heart. You turn off the phone. You want to resolve this situation on your own, without causing harm, especially to Boruto.

Boruto furrows his brow as you shake your head. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," you lie, walking towards the door and grabbing the knob. A hand suddenly clasps your wrist, stopping you.

"Wait!"

"What is it, Boruto?"

You both stand there in silence, engaged in a wordless standoff. Boruto eventually looks away, shaking his head.

"Sorry, you just remind me of... someone."

You release a quiet sigh. "I'm just someone who's lost..."

Before you can continue, you're interrupted, leaving the conversation hanging in the air, heavy with unspoken emotions.

!

A searing pain shoots through your head, causing you to wince and clutch your temples with your hands. The agony intensifies, and you feel as if your skull might split open. Boruto's concerned gaze is fixed on you as he tries to inquire about your well-being, but the pain is too overwhelming for you to respond.

"My head... not again!" you manage to utter through gritted teeth, the words coming out in a strained whisper as you endure the torment, hoping it will subside soon.

"(n/n)!"

"Kaa-san look what I drew!" You showed your mother your picture with a big grin on your face. Your mother smiled brightly at the picture, taking it and looked at it for a moment.

"It's beautiful darling!"

~

"(n/n) say hi to him!" Your best friend said, patting your back as you looked at a boy around your age.

"Um, hi..." You slowly started to hide behind your friends back.

"Nice to meet ya, dattebasa! My name is-"

Dattebasa...?

"(Y/N)!" Boruto's panicked voice jolted you awake, and you saw his frightened expression.