Chapter 35

Third person's POV:

"I'M SORRY!" You both yelled, apologizing in a rush. You sprinted to your room, while Boruto hurriedly retreated to the Uchiha brothers' room, slamming the door shut behind him and then huddled in a corner.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" Himawari asked, seeing you shutting the door with a deep blush on your face. You glanced at the now worried little Uzumaki and then ran without answering to your bed, leaping onto it.

"Good night!" You yelled, pulling the blanket over you. Chocho raised her eyebrow in surprise.

"Whoa, girl, what happened to you? Did you and the blondie do something naughty?" The brunette asked, her eyebrows wiggling. Sasuke stood up and rushed to your bed, yanking the blanket away from you.

"H-hey!" You squeaked, seeing his stern expression.

"What. The. Hell. Happened!?"

"N-nothing! I just treated his wound!" You replied, offering him a partial truth. He peered at you, wanting to hear more details, but it was already midnight. Itachi, seeing the time, smiled wearily.

"Guys, aren't you tired?" The eldest Uchiha asked. You all nodded.

"We've had quite a long day!" Himawari chuckled. You agreed, feeling more relieved than tired. Sarada collected the mattresses and blankets you had and set them up.

"Good night!" Both Itachi and Sasuke said in unison before exiting the room.

The girls lay on the mattresses. You pulled your blanket over you and turned the lights off, wishing each other a good night before closing your eyes.

"(Y/n)?" You heard Himawari whisper, so you opened your eyes.

"Yeah?" You whispered back as quietly as possible.

"Are you in love with onii-chan?" She asked, making you blush slightly. Thankfully, she couldn't see your face in the dark.

"N-no, of course not! Why are you asking that?" You replied, embarrassed. You could tell that Himawari was smiling.

"You seem to be close to each other..." She turned herself away from the other girls.

"I just helped him," you explained. "Don't get the wrong idea, okay?" You whispered, not noticing her secret smile.

"Alright, good night!"

"Good night..."

-

"So should we call you (y/n) or (y/on)?" Sarada asked, wearing normal clothes. You had decided to wear the costumes after school to avoid any issues with the school rules.

"It's better if you call me (y/n), because I want to keep my true identity hidden, for now," you replied simply. Boruto narrowed his eyes, looking away.

"Okay, got it!" Himawari checked her watch. "We still have some time before school begins..."

You looked at the ground, thoughts of Saki weighing on your mind. She was your childhood friend who had tried to save you, even after everything she had done.

"Boruto, do you think we can trust Saki and Obito?" You suddenly asked, looking at him, and noticed that the strange feeling had finally subsided. Boruto shook his head.

"No, we can't," he replied bluntly. "I know they're still important to you. But have you already forgotten what Saki did to us?"

"We can't even trust Obito! We don't know how he's changed!" Boruto clenched his fists, leaving you feeling even more disappointed.