Chapter 22

Third person's POV

You were on your way to school with the Uzumakis and Tenten, feeling exhausted due to a lack of sleep. It still bothered you that Itachi hadn't revealed the nature of his mysterious surprise. Was it a pet? A new console? Perhaps a stash of manga? Your mind raced with possibilities as you daydreamed about what it could be.

"Still thinking about Itachi's mysterious surprise?" Himawari laughed, breaking you out of your reverie. You snapped back to reality and gazed at the little sunflower.

"Of course, Himawari! Itachi's surprises are always so intriguing! You'll see!" you replied, enthusiasm filling your voice. Boruto shook his head, seemingly unimpressed.

"What's so great about surprises? They usually end up disappointing, especially when you build up high expectations," Boruto commented, letting out a soft sigh of frustration.

You rolled your eyes at his negativity. "Don't be such a downer, Boruto! Like I said, Itachi's surprises are always full of twists and excitement!"

With a resigned sigh, you glanced at your watch and gasped in shock.

"School starts in ten minutes!"

"Oh no!"

"Whatever..."

Panic set in as you all began to sprint towards school, with Tenten safely held in Boruto's arms. The race against time was on, and you were determined not to be late for whatever surprise Itachi had in store for you.

-

"God, where's (y/n)? School starts in five minutes," Sasuke grumbled, glancing at his watch while seated between Sarada and Chocho.

"Don't forget about Himawari and Boruto," Sarada reminded him.

"Right." He rolled his eyes, noticing Chocho munching on crisps.

"Oi, don't eat before school!" Sasuke scolded, confiscating the crisps packaging. Chocho waved her arms around, trying to reclaim her snack desperately.

"No! Give it back!"

Sarada shook her head. "Oh boy..." Muttering, she took out her book to start reading.

"Did school start?!" They turned their heads to see you with the Uzumakis.

"Did something or someone bother you?" Sasuke asked suspiciously, standing up. You slowly approached him with an awkward smile on your face.

"Nice to see you, bro!" You greeted, making Sasuke sigh.

"You didn't answer my—"

"-(y/n), please help me get my crisps baaaack!" Chocho begged. You shook your head in response.

"I think he'll give it back to you at lunchtime." Chocho groaned at your response, resting her head on the desk.

"Everyone, sit down!" the teacher demanded, getting everyone's attention. You took your seat, mentally groaning at the prospect of another school day.

You sat next to Boruto, who took out his book.

"Today we have three new students!" the teacher announced, causing everyone's eyes to widen in horror. Himawari scanned the room, witnessing the fear in her classmates' faces.

"Again?"

"Are they murderers again!?"

"I'm so scared!"

Whispers rippled through the class, and you sighed in frustration, hoping the new students wouldn't be unfairly judged like you often were.

"Now, may the boys come in!"