Anchor

"I'm serious you fools! America's hiding something!" England said, irritated.

He had called a meeting in the kitchen, and America had not been invited along--for obvious reasons--, declaring it an emergency. Many of the other countries objected, but followed him nevertheless. As soon as they arrived at the kitchen, England made sure to lock it from the inside before telling everyone what had occurred.

Many of them looked at each other, before they burst out laughing.

"Jou've got to be kidding me, right?" Prussia wheezed.

"Amigo, there's no way America can have ghosts here," Spain joined in.

"I'm not lying to you!" England yelled, his anger about to become the best of him (again) when the least expected voice spoke up.

"I don't zhink he's lying," said France, who had been unusually quiet today. In fact, when England first saw him this morning, he truly looked like he'd seen better days. His hair was a mess, his eyes were huge and red-rimmed, all color was gone from his face, and there was no wine or rose in sight!

That immediately told England that something was wrong. Horribly wrong.

The others looked to France. "What do you mean?" Spain asked, confused and concerned.

"I saw zhe same woman," said France, still refusing to look anyone in the eye, "but...she was...she was covered in blood."

England choked on his own saliva, not expecting that declaration.

"Blood?" he demanded. "I didn't see any blood on her!"

"I even saw wounds on her," France continued, like England had never spoken. "She was also freezing cold when she passed me. She's not living anymore, I know zhat for certain."

By now the others were becoming uneasy and disturbed, even Russia! "France...that is a funny story and all aru, but you can't be serious, right?"

"Zhere was a man too," France continued on, once more apparently thinking he was the only one in the room. "He was screaming and screaming in pain, and he was covered in wounds zhat appeared fresh. Zhe lights near him were also flickering and after a while, he looked at me."

He paused, clearly trying to draw more emotional strength from somewhere before he could continue. By now, there was no denying that everyone was on edge, and even England didn't bother to deny it. If America's house was filled with ghosts, then why didn't he say anything?

"His eyes were almost...nonexistent," said France, drawing back England's attention. "Zhen, h-he screamed "help me" and lunched at me. He even managed to push me a far distance, and when I looked up again, he was...he...was..."

"He was what Papa?" Canada asked fearfully, and for the first time in a long time, everyone remembered his existence.

"He was gone. In an instant, like he was never zhere to begin with," France finished, finally breaking down into tears.

It scared him that much huh? Well, England wasn't going to judge, because the woman appearing in his room was enough to frighten him, including the look of pure malice she directed at him.

What was going on here?

"Vell, now zhat ve know vhat's going on around here, how do jou expect us to help jou expose Amerika?" Germany asked, somehow the calmest one among them, though there was some white to his complexion.

"First, we should split up," England began. "France, Canada, you come with me. We'll search around on the top floor. China, Japan, and Russia, you three take the second floor. Prussia and Spain, you will take the first floor. Germany, Italy, and Romano, you three search outside. America could be hiding anywhere, so be on the lookout."