Quite the Entrance

It was quiet in the library, and the states were doing their own things in order to kill time, like reading books, putting puzzles together, or just quietly talking among themselves.

America, on the other hand, was just reading a book, one of the English classics in fact, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Even she had to admit that Charlotte was an amazing author and captured the characters well, with Jane Eyre herself being a sympathetic kind of character, coming from a somewhat broken home.

Even Aunt Reed, John Reed, and his sisters Eliza and Georgiana somewhat, reminded America of the nations with her, and she brushed it off. But still, they were too similar to not deny, as Sarah Reed, John, and Eliza and Georgiana in the beginning were blind and stereotypical towards Jane, and treated her like she wasn't even human, so much so that it was satisfying when a young Jane stood up to her aunt before she was sent away.

It even made America think of the past, where she hated the nations just as much as they did her supposedly. She remembered how every day she wished they would fall in the most dishonorable and horrible ways possible, and had actually laughed at the thought.

It was so goddamn hilarious!

But now, again, America felt nothing but pure apathy. Though, she was starting to wonder if, now that they knew of her true self, they were bringing out her hateful self.

She wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

America then looked up at her children, who were still going about their own business while sticking to the library's rules, and smiled.

Her children were the reason why she managed to keep her sanity after all those years of ridicule from the other nations, though she still wished that she went into a very long isolation so she could focus more on them. That was one of the things she still felt annoyance towards the nations for.

But now, she was still going to look forward to the day that the nations fell, and then she will have a reason to go into a hopefully eternal isolation. Though, if America had to guess, she may end up bringing about that fate, not that it was any of her concern.

Wait, what was that?

"...Maaadreeee!" 

Quick on her feet, America rushed to and opened the window, allowing a young man with messy dark brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin, and the beginnings of a mustache and beard to fly through. Thankfully there was a bean bag nearby, so he landed on that.

Groaning, the young man shook his head to clear it, and looked up to America, who was looking at him with a stunned expression on her face.

He blushed in embarrassment. "H-Hola Madre."

"Hello Santiago," America greeted uncertainly. She then looked back out the window, finding three girls on the front lawn, one who was clearly unhappy and the other two who were watching her in uncertainty.

"Colorado?" the older woman then asked, turning back to her son.

The state of Arizona nodded. "Si."

So America went back to the window again. "Girls! Come upstairs!"

All three girls jumped, and, seeing her in the window, they rushed to the door and into the house. It wasn't long before they arrived at the library, breathing hard.

America stared hard at the beautiful girl with long brown hair held up in a high ponytail, eyes so blue they appeared white, and peach skin with a raised eyebrow, and the girl began to sweat profusely.

"Well?" America questioned.

 The girl opened her mouth to explain herself, but the two girls beside her beat her to it. "Chilali's not having a good day Maman."    

"Who are you?" the girl with hip-length and wavy light brown hair and hazel eyes asked, staring at her twin in confusion.

Said girl, who bore a striking resemblance to the other, except with dark brown hair, blue and green eyes, and peach skin, eyed her with shocked hurt. "I-I'm Wisconsin!"

The other looked shocked. "Oh no! I'm so sorry!" 

"Girls," America warned, and all three returned their attention to her.

"Sorry Mama!" all three squeaked.

America eyed each girl carefully, though she kept her eyes on Chilali, or the state of Colorado. "Explain yourself."

But the look in her daughter's eyes gave her the answer she needed. "I thought they had solved it."

"Apparently they didn't," Colorado grumbled angrily.

"But that doesn't explain why you threw Arizona almost through the window."

"Because I was blinded by anger?"

"Chilali," America warned, eyes blazing.

"Okay okay! I was really angry with those guys for picking fun at Yolanthe and even Ysabel, and I had been an idiot for thinking Santiago was one of those guys, so I threw him in the window. I'm sorry Santiago."

"It's fine," Arizona answered nervously, all while his full-blooded sister fussed over him.

America, seeing this, sighed. "Chilali, you know that Yolanthe and Ysabel can take care of themselves, and, besides, those guys enjoy picking fun at someone who appears fragile."

"Wait, who's Yolanthe?"

"Your sister!" Now America couldn't prevent an eyebrow twitch.

Horror dawned on Chilali's face, and she turned toward the younger girl with an apologetic look on her face. "I'm so sorry Yolanthe!"

America sighed again. It seems that no matter what she does, her children would always forget their own sister.

Honestly, what was she going to do with them?