The Death of Me

Romano had just gotten out of bed, once more not looking forward to breakfast. Mostly because of America, who always ignored him like he was nothing but an insignificant bug if he even tried to talk (or more like complain) to her. One time not too long ago, America, just after threatening him with a fall from a building, just stared at him. She didn't say a word, or show any sign of emotion.

She just...stared.

Romano was very unnerved by it, so much so that he was actually silent for once.

During these last few days, Romano saw a different America whenever she was around her children. She was much happier, more patient, and even pretended the nations didn't exist. Well, all the nations except for Japan apparently. Romano had been surprised that America was apathetic to Italy too.

Italy was also strangely silent after seeing that.

Romano then walked out of his room, wishing that he was back at his home, where it was warm and welcoming. However, just as he closed the door, footsteps began heading his way.

Romano spluttered when he saw a man who looked exactly like Sweden walking towards him, carrying a sleeping girl with long midnight black hair and wearing a black nightgown. Following the man was a boy who looked scarily alike to both America and England, with amber hair, hazel green and blue eyes, and still wearing his nightwear; and a girl who looked alike the sleeping girl, except her hair reached her shoulders and she was wearing a brighter-colored nightgown.

The group paused after seeing Romano, but immediately nodded to him before continuing on their way.

Who the fuck?

~~~

If Romano had still been asleep, he would've been rudely awakened by a girlish scream coming from downstairs, which also came from a certain French nation.

America deadpanned at France, who was staring up at her son (either in horror, shock, or both she couldn't tell), while the latter stared back intently.

"Good morning," Delaware greeted, and, as if a spell had been lifted from France, he fainted. America sighed in annoyance.

"Great Mother Gaia I hate it when he does that," she mummered. She moved to drag France to his chair, but Delaware beat her to it.

"I'll do it Mama," he told her, before he placed the man none too gently on the chair. America nodded to him.

"Thank you dear. I'm sorry you had to see that."

Delaware just shook his head, a ghost of a smile gracing his lips. He was so alike Sweden, both in appearance and personality. In fact, the only thing he inherited from her was her supernatural powers.

This also wasn't mentioned before, but as they are the sons and daughters of America, they each have supernatural powers of their own, though Virginia and even Louisiana had more of a fantasical kind of magic if anything else.

Speaking of her children, America sighed in amusement when she saw Connecticut still sleeping the minutes away in her chair. Although she knew the girl had a long night, it wasn't a surprise to America that her daughter was a heavy sleeper, and she was even willing to bet that Connecticut could sleep through the apocalypse if given the chance.

Though...

"Rise and shine Sleeping Beauty!" Tennessee yelled, pouncing on Connecticut.

"KYAH!!" Connecticut cried out, waking up. She glared at her brother. "Seriously Tennessee?"

Tennessee smiled innocently at her. "Yeah, seriously!"

Connecticut deadpanned.

"Well, good morning Connecticut. I hope you had sweet dreams?" America greeted with a smile, and Connecticut blushed in embarrassment.