This Is Going to Be Interesting

Alaska, mind you, was no stranger to evil. She knew evil when someone who appeared innocent looked at her, and at that point she could instantly see the black soul they harbored. When she looked at her mother's brother, all she saw was something both white and black.

He was neutral, but he always embraced the darker side of his soul whenever his sister was involved.

Due to him being her neighbor, Alaska was more than capable of sneaking into his country and to his home. She knew how much Canada hated his "brother", and what she heard sickened the youngest state.

Sometimes he wished his "brother" would be raped, brutally murdered, or somewhere in between. It took all Alaska had to not barge into her uncle's home and slit his throat.

Now, this disgusting man was here in their family home, now aware of her mother's true gender and personality, and even still thinking his sister was still the "brother" he thought he knew. How thick-headed could he possibly get?!

Her anger must've been clear, because her mother placed a hand on her shoulder. "Calm yourself Ana," she said soothingly. "Let me deal with him okay?"

Alaska always hated it when people outside her family referred to her as Ana, for it made her feel like they were trying to get on her good graces in order to gain something. There was only one thing that her parents shared, one that Alaska inherited from them both, and that was their distrust of other people.

She wondered if that was why her mother tolerated her father so much. It was also why she only allowed her family to call her Ana, because she knew they were people she can trust.

Her mother led her to the room she would occupy when she was here, which was a very calming room. Its walls were colored a light green, her bed was small but able to fit about two people, and there were shelves that contained books in many languages.

Due to not having an official language, America could speak all the world's languages, like Russian, and even the language of the Native Americans. In fact, there wasn't a state that couldn't speak a different language, especially if Alaska was anything to go by.

After dropping off her things, Alaska walked with her mother to the kitchen, as lunchtime was on its way. The younger girl was so tempted to place rotten food in the nations' meals.

Next to her, her mother stared hard at her. "Don't even think about it Anastasia Alaska Jones," she said slowly.

Alaska sweat-dropped and smiled nervously; whenever her mother used her full name (well, except the Braginski part), she knew the older woman was deathly serious. Most of the time Alaska is able to handle many people, but when it came to her mother, that was a different story altogether.

"Sorry Mama," Alaska mumbled.

America nodded, but said nothing else until they arrived at the kitchen. From there, the mother and daughter proceeded to get started cooking, and the latter worked on ignoring the fact that she was cooking for the people she so despised.

However, doing something like cooking helped not only Alaska to keep life's troubles at bay, but it also helped her mother relax, especially when she had to deal with the dumbass nations or stressful paperwork. The thought made Alaska angry at herself too, for she wanted to be there to help her mother, but the older woman would not allow it.

Alaska was aware of the risks of doing that, especially when it concerned her father, but it was still hard when you know you can help someone and they won't let you.

At least here, they were creating something and not working to destroy. Sure, there were times when Alaska wants to destroy something, but she doesn't do it all the time.

As soon as they were done, the lunch bell rang, and all throughout the house, screams of surprise and yelling echoed, and Alaska wondered how her mother was able to handle them all (most of the time).

As America and Alaska moved the food to the dining hall, Alaska thought, This is going to be interesting.