Chapter 3

The next two periods were boring and uneventful. But now, it was time for the most dreadful part of my day.

Lunch.

Alice towed me through the massive doors and into the crowded room. I groaned as I took in my surroundings. It was time for the crazy first day of school food-fight.

People were ducking behind tables and chairs, trying to avoid the flying food. Others were on top of tables, aiming at everyone in sight. As we walked through the doors, I ducked and narrowly avoided a slice of pizza to the face.

Alice screamed and sprinted with me towards the stack of metal lunch trays. Once we had our shields, we both bought some ammo and headed towards our base. A flying noodle came speeding toward Alice. I stuck my tray in front of her just in time.

"My hero!" She said, pretending to be love struck. We heard a strangled scream and the chaos paused as everyone looked her way.

I spotted Lexi standing across the room with blue frosting smeared across the front of her shirt.

I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing at the look on her face. The furious look in her icy blue eyes was absolutely hilarious.

My eyes sprang open as something cold and slimy exploded on my face. I wiped some off to see that someone had got me with some spaghetti. I gasped as the cold sauce ran down my face.

My eyes scanned the room to see Lexi with a huge smirk on her face. It was quiet for a couple seconds before the war started again. Alice scooped up her beef taco and nailed Lexi with it.

"Nice shot!" I said slapping her a high-five.  I pulled her down to the floor as an slither of icing flew our way. I laughed with her as Lexi got covered with food, courtesy to the football team.

I shielded myself from the flying food with one hand and got some napkins with the other, I wiped my face and continued to aim food at the cheerleaders.

After a while, our fun was crushed by the principal coming into the room. She screamed that everyone would be expelled if we didn't stop. I just rolled my eyes. She never does anything about the annual fight. I mean it happens every year on the first day but she always acts so surprised. I think she is scared to let anyone know that she expects and could be prepared for what happens in the lunch room on our first day back to school.

I stopped throwing food and dusted myself off. Just then, the bell rang and everybody crowded into the hallway. I headed into the nearest bathroom to wash my face off.

I rinsed all the goo off my face and dried myself off. The warning bell rang, meaning I had a minute to get to my next class. Which, of course, was on the other side of school.

I ran out of the bathroom and sprinted down the halls. I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped straight into a hard figure. I stumbled backwards and they put their hands on my hips to steady me. I looked up to meet the dark eyes of Noah Flynn.

I blushed and struggled to get out of his hold.

"I'm late," I told him, looking anywhere but his capturing dark eyes and tousled sexy hair. He should know that we're late, I mean he has the same class as me and he would be late as well. But all I could think about was his warm hands placed on my hips.

"Amber, I need to talk to you about something," Noah told me in a sexy deep voice. I was honestly surprised that he knew my name. I opened my mouth to reply but just then, the bell rang.

I groaned. "Great, another detention," I said out loud. I pulled myself out of his hold and sprinted to our next class. I didn't hear him following me so I assumed he was skipping.