Chapter 14

Amber's POV

I opened my eyes to what sounded like a bomb exploding. I shot up in bed and looked around my room, trying to find the cause of the noise. A flash of light made my eyes snap to the window to the left of my bed. Displayed before me, was the biggest rain shower I've ever seen. I stared at it in awe before thinking to wake up Noah to show him.

I stretched over to shake him but froze when my hand came in contact with an empty bed. I threw back to covers just to make sure, but her was nowhere in sight.

I squinted through the rain, searching for his car. I found no trace of him so I swung my legs out of my bed. I started to get up before I threw myself back down.

He had rejected me yet again. I know I wasn't the prettiest girl in the world but I can't be that bad. I mean when I first was in high school, I was labeled a potential cheerleader, as the head leader put. But that was before they realized how screwed up I was. But really? Noah screws anything that moves but he is too disgusted to even kiss me for too long!

I groan out loud and shoved my head back into my pillow. I stayed like that for a refreshing five minutes before forcing myself up.

I glanced down and saw that I was still in the clothes I wore last night. Suddenly a huge smile spread across my face. This was like the first time I had ever been completely alone.

It was blazing hot so I stripped down into my underwear and walked into Tyler's room. Whenever I felt like being lazy, I would slip on one of his shirts and a pair of jeans and relax. But I decided to skip on the jeans and slide on a pair of shorts so short, you could barely see them.

Then I slipped on one of his button down shirts and made my way to the Pkitchen to make some breakfast.

As I passed by my room, I spotted my IPod sitting on the side table. Just because the weather was gloomy, it doesn't mean I had to be too. I picked it up as well as my rarely used speaker and danced to the kitchen.

I put the IPod in and grinned as Avril Lavigne's song, "What the Hell," came blasting through. As the opening music came on, I busted some horrible dance moves all the way to the refrigerator, where I took out some eggs and milk.

I sang along as I cracked the eggs into a bowl and added milk. I spun around in circles, blurting out lyrics as I shoved a spoon through the mix and stirred.

"All my life I've been good, but now

I-I-I-I thinking,

What, the hell

All I want is to mess, around

And I-I-I-I don't really care about,

If you Love me

If you hate me

You can save me, baby yeah baby!

All my life I've been good, but now

Whooooooaaaa What the Hell!" I sang the chorus, sounding not nearly as good as Avril.

I heard a booming laugh and spun around to see Noah leaning against the wall to support himself while laughing uncontrollably.

My face flamed scarlet. I narrowed my eyes at him and continued to sing and dance as if he wasn't there.

"So what, if I go out on a million dates?

You never call, or listen to me anyway

I'd rather rage than sit around and wait all day.

Don't get me wrong, I just need some time to play!" I screamed out as I tossed the mix into the pan and set it on top of the fire.