Chapter 54

Make sure you have read chapter 53 before you read this!!!! Don't want to spoil anything!

Oh and I want to say that I know most of you don't like this chapter but it will get better, I promise!

Noah's POV

"You are a worthless disgrace for a man!" Coach shouted at a poor freshman who had somehow, managed to make the team. I didn't think that he would last, judging by the shouting he was getting.

"But, Coach, it's pouring outside! We can't practice!" He complained. I felt sorry for the poor kid; he had probably just dug his own grave.

"Rain? You're complaining about the rain?" Coach bellowed. He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Team, you're dismissed," He muttered and waved us off. The poor freshman started to scurry away but Coach gripped the collar of his shirt to stop him.

I shook my head and walked into the locker room. There was the absence of the usual loud chatter as everyone hurried to change so they could get out of the weather soon. I followed their example and changed as fast as I could, but for a different reason.

It had been nearly two hours since I'd sent Amber to my house. Now that I look back, it was kind of selfish to ask her to stay at my house. She should have gone home instead.

I crammed my uniform into my bag and went outside to look for Drake. I found him leaning against the hood of his car, scowling up at the rain. When he saw me he jumped off the hood and went inside the car. I opened the passenger seat door and climbed in next to him, tossing my bag in the back seat.

"What took you so long?" Drake asked, starting up the car and pulling out of the parking space. I shrugged.

"Not everyone can have superhuman speed like you," I muttered sarcastically. He half-way grinned, but turned his head the other way before I could fully see.

"So where am I taking you?" He asked.

"My house." He turned to give me a disapproving look.

"You made Amber wait at your house for two hours," He said. It wasn't a question, but more of an accusing statement.

"I wasn't thinking, okay?" I snapped at him. He didn't say anything for a couple seconds so I sighed.

"Sorry for snapping at you but seriously, I know how selfish I was," I grumbled. One thing men hate, apologizing.

I noticed Drake's grin.

"It's okay. I'm sure Amber won't mind," He said. I nodded hopefully. I was a little surprised he hadn't cracked a joke at my expense.

"She'll sit there. Alone. Naked. Waiting. Having sexual thoughts but having nobody to satisfy her needs," Drake joked. I sighed. I knew he was going to tease me sooner or later.

"Follow my example. I am going to go have sex with Alice as soon as I drop you off," Drake said, smiling proudly. I wrinkled my nose.

"I did not need to know that," I said as he parked in front of my house.

I spotted my car in the driveway and grinned. She had waited for me! For two hours. Just the thought made my heart swell.

Drake leaned over and opened the door for me.

"Go screw your lady!" He called. I flipped him off as he drove away.

A huge smile was on my face as I turned the knob of the front door. Unlocked. I let myself in and shut it behind me.