Chapter 53

Listen to the song! I found it on YouTube when I was looking up my trailer and I think its pretty cool. I guess it has something to do with the chapter..... sort of

“I can’t believe they cancelled the game!” Drake whined as we pushed open the doors. He was upset because the team we were scheduled to play against cancelled due to the harsh storm that was rolling in. I honestly didn’t see what the big deal was, it was only a game, but he was making a big deal out of it.

“I can’t believe the heartless jerk is still making us practice,” Noah grumbled from beside me. I gave him a sympathetic smile. Their coach was  forcing them to practice, even though it would storming already.

“Tough it out. I was ready to play today!” Drake grunted, crossing his arms angrily like a child. Alice giggled and took his hand. As he smiled as her warmly, it took everything I had in me not to gush about how cute they were.

Noah stopped and turned to me as we reached the field. He dug through his front pockets and handed me a set of keys.

“What are these for?” I asked, studying them. There we about five different silver keys all hooked on one chain.

“That’s for my car. You can drive home so you don’t have to be outside in this weather,” He said.

A huge smile spread across my face at how thoughtful he was. And I knew how much he adored his car and the fact that he would trust me to drive it was making me ecstatic.

“But how will you get home?” I asked, frowning. He smiled and nodded his head at Drake, who was gesturing wildly with his arms as he told Alice a story. I held back laughter as I nodded at Noah.

“I’ll catch a ride with Drake,” He said.

“Okay. Thank you,” I said, pecking him on the cheek. He grinned down at me and placed a kiss on my lips instead.

“I love you,” He told me. I grinned even wider.

“I love you too,” I said. He turned around and started to walk towards the locker rooms. He stopped and turned to me.

“On second thought, would it be too much to ask you to wait for me at my place?” He asked.

I remembered meeting his mom and grimaced. I don’t think she would particularly enjoy having me there.

“Uh, you mom….”

“Is out of town,” He finished. I remembered the second obstacle. Although I hadn’t seen him in days, I would run a high risk of running into him if I went to Noah’s house.

“What about Drew?” I asked. Noah frowned.

“It’s Friday. He always goes to parties all night and never comes back until Sunday afternoon. I doubt he’ll still be home, but if you don’t feel safe, you don’t have to go,” he said, the frown still on his face.

Well, there was a very low possibility of running into Drew. But even if I did, he would most likely be screwing some girl and not notice me. Worst case scenario would be locking myself in Noah’s room and listening to moans coming down from the hall.

“It’s okay. I’ll go to your house,” I said. A smile lit up his face as he disappeared into the locker room to change.

I watched Alice say goodbye to Drake. They turned away from each other and started to walk away before simultaneously spinning around and engulfing in a kiss.

Drake quickly turned it into a French one and I found myself scrunching up my nose in disgust. I wanted to yell at them to get a room but I did not want that mental image in my head.