Chapter 11

16 VOTES????????? I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH :D

I plopped down on the bleachers next to Alice and watched the field waiting for the game to begin. The rival team had begun to pile into position on the grass without making any kind of special entrance.

I scoffed. Well, they are definitely going to be surprised.

Noah has yet to fulfill his side of the deal and get Drake to notice Alice, but I can tell he is planning to do something soon. I already told Alice all about how Drake came and spoke to me and Noah and she almost strangled me for not telling her earlier. But, being the best friend she was, she didn’t get jealous that her crush talked to me. Or if she did, she did a pretty good job of hiding it.

The sound of horns blowing blasted through the air, easily overpowering the noise of chatter.  Our team was about to enter the field.

It started with the cheerleaders flipping all over the place, doing their well-practiced routine.  Then the football players came barging in, Noah, the quarterback leading the way. Fast-paced music starts up in the background as the players line up. The cheerleaders each paired up with a football player and I watched in amazement when the cheerleaders back flipped and landing squarely onto the football player’s shoulders.

My veins surged with jealously as I focused on one particular pair. Lexi, who was of course the head cheerleader, was on Noah’s shoulders. Then she leaned back and landed on the ground with her feet in the air, as did the rest of the cheerleaders. Then they all stood up and got a beat going.

The football players all got in position, marching there feet in time to the beat. Right before the whistle was blown, Noah stood up straight, flashed the Badgers a smile and said, “Kiss this.”

 Then all in one second, the whistle blew and soon Noah was running down the field, smirking at the still baffled Badgers. Once they realized the game had begun, Noah was more than halfway down the field, almost to their goal.

The whole population of students stood and cheered on Noah as he reached their goal and through his hands up in a celebratory fashion.

I was still a little surprised.

“Well, our school is original, I’ll give us that,” I mutter, seeing Alice nod in agreement.

By halftime, the Badgers were yet to score a single point. Our team was well prepared for this match and they weren’t going to lose.

Soon it was time for the halftime performance, which consisted of the band students playing a song, I’ve never heard before.

When they were finished, the game continued.

As another half hour passed, the Badgers had managed to score only once, while we scored seven more times. The game finally finished with Noah scoring the final point.

I watched him as he jumped around happily, slapping high fives everywhere he went. His shirt was sticking to his chest, giving me something to stare at. He looked so sexy with his hair sticking to his forehead I thought I would cry.