Chapter 21

• Dedicated to All my fans who are reading this right now :D Love you guys

Amber’s POV

I froze with horror as I stared at the unknown man in Noah’s house.

He raised his head and looked me over. Suddenly, without warning, he pushed the woman off the bed and strutted over to me. I gasped as the woman fell to the floor with a thump.

I knew I needed to get out of here. Now.

I turned to the hallway but a hand clamped the door shut, guessing my actions.

My middle felt hollow as I turned to the nearly naked man. He smiled at me, showing me all of his teeth.

“What’s up beautiful?” He purred, making me shudder. I studied him, taking in his features.

He was tall and had short jet black hair, which was cropped up into a spikey style. He had a good build, but nowhere as good as Noah did. His shirt was thrown across the room, exposing his chest, but luckily, he still had his jeans on.

I backed away from him, staying mute.

“Not going to talk? That’s alright, what I have planned doesn’t need much talking anyway,” He said softly, running a hand down the back of my neck.

I shoved him away roughly, fear taking over.

“W-who are you?” I whispered, pressing my back into the door. I reached behind me and jigged the knob and tried to pull it open, but the man had his hand on the door, pushing it shut.

“Drew. What about you?” He said his voice deep. I flinched and backed away even more into the door.

“Amber,” I answered my voice barely audible. His eye brows shot up as he looked me up and down.

“Amber,” He repeated thoughtfully. He smiled, making shivers run up my spine. I took a shaky breath, trying to calm myself.

Faintly, I heard the sound of a car engine, almost making me cry with relief. Noah was here.

The thought of Noah being so close inspired me so I tried the door again, pulling as hard as I could.

It didn’t budge an inch.

Suddenly, I was spun around and Drew crashed his lips to mine. I whimpered, but the sound was lost in his mouth. I tried to pull away, but he pinned my arms to the door.

He ran his hands over my body, making me shudder in disgust. I brought my knee up and kicked him in between his legs, making him grunt and lean over in pain.

He looked up at me in shock. I grimaced, balled my fist, and punched him in the face.

I heard a sickening crack, but to my horror, it wasn’t his nose that had broken. I screamed out as my hand throbbed in pain.

Tears blurred my vision, but I saw his recovered figure loom above me, shaking its head.

“You know, you shouldn’t tuck your thumb in, when you punch, this is what happens,” Drew said sounding amused. He leaned in to kiss me but was interrupted by the door swinging open.

The movement caused me to tumble into Drew, who had sprung back a few feet. I blinked a few times and saw Noah through my tears.

Quickly, I ran to him, letting myself be engulfed in his embrace. He moved himself between me and Drew and cupped my face in his hands.

“Amber, what happened?” He asked worriedly. I tried to answer but instead a sob escaped as I thought about Drew’s lips on mine. Noah took my hand, making me wince. He pulled it up and looked at my hand, which was started to turn a shade of purple.