Chapter 48

The doorbell rang, interrupting me from my sulking. Noah and I had planned to spend the afternoon together, but Drake had kidnapped Noah the minute we got out of school. They barely had enough time to drop me off before speeding off. Drake said he wanted Noah and him to spend some time together, just like old times. If Drake took Noah to a strip club I would cut off his balls with my kitchen knife.

My fears grew by the second and I decided to send a quick text to Noah.

Hey, miss you already :(. Just make sure to let Drake no that if either of you set foot in a strip club, I will personally feed your “little friend” to sharks.

The doorbell rang again just as I hit send. I got up and opened the door revealing Alice.

She was my best friend, I told her everything. That’s why I didn’t waste a single second before blurting out, “I sleeping with Noah in three weeks.”

She did a double take and her mouth popped open.

“Well, I guess it’s a good thing I brought this,” She said, holding up a bottle of vodka. My eyes widened.

“No way! Uh-uh. I am not drinking!” I said. She rolled her eyes and let herself in.

“Yes you are! Especially since you told me about what you’re going to do in only three weeks. We need to forget about guys! At least for one night!’ Alice persuaded. I shook my head.

“I’d rather not wake up in the morning with vomit in my mouth and a major hangover,” I said. Alice groaned and set the drinks next to me. I automatically scooted away from them, making Alice roll her eyes.

“Pretty please. I want to have fun with my BFF for a little while,” Alice pouted.

“Saying things like BFF isn’t going to make me say yes,” I said.

“But you’re my BFFFL!” She said. I rolled my eyes and put on an overly surprised face. I covered my gaping mouth.

“Like, OMG! I can’t believe you totally just said that,” I said in a squeaky voice that reminded me of Lexi. Alice laughed.

“Like oh. My. Gosh. What are you wearing?” I continued. I pretended to stare at her clothes like I couldn’t believe she had the decency to wear them in public.

“Those shoes are like, so three weeks ago. And those jeans! You know my motto: if your jeans don’t cost more than your house, they aren’t good enough,” I said. She laughed and put on a pleading face.

“Please! Just one glass!” She said, going back to persuading me. I wrinkled my nose as I eyed them.

“I don’t like the taste,” I argued. Okay, I admit, that excuse was a little weak. But, Alice’s face lit up, as if she got an idea.

“Wait right here,” She ordered. I rolled my eyes and played with my fingers as she rampaged through the kitchen.