Chapter 13

I wake up on the floor with every part of my body pressed into Noah. I see he is still sleeping peacefully so I lay my head back on his chest and try to fall back into a deep slumber.

I toss and turn, trying to ignore my pounding head but the pain gets more and more intense. After a while, a groan of pain escapes my lips so I get up and head into the kitchen to get some Advil.

I put my hand on the carpet about to push myself up when Noah swings his arms around me, pulling me back down. I fall onto his chest and lay there limply. Every time I struggle, his grip would tighten around me.

After about half an hour of me silently cursing he stirs and opens his eyes.

“Morning,” He says grinning. He starts to close his eyes but I speak before he can fall back asleep.

“Noah, can you let me go so I can get some Advil? My head is killing me,” I tell him, trying to smile but I’m pretty sure it looked like a grimace. Understanding shot across his face as he pulled his hands back and hopped into the kitchen, probably to get me something for my head.

I scooted back until my back was resting against the couch and dropped my head into my hands. Soon a glass of water was being pressed against my lips and he was commanding me to take some pills. I swallowed them gratefully and thought back to my few memories of last night.

I remember Drake ditching us for some girl that walked into the kitchen after about the third shot and I remember Noah not letting me kiss him, but then I drew up a blank. I faintly remember bits and pieces of a scary movie and me clinging onto Noah terrified, but I’m not sure if those memories are real. I hope they aren’t.

“Amber,” Noah said snapping his fingers in front of my face. My eyes focused back on what was going on in front of me.

“Huh, what?” I asked stupidly. He smirked.

“I asked if I could take you somewhere today,” He informed me. I tried to stop the huge smile that was creeping its way onto my face, but failed miserably.

“Sure, where?” I questioned earning me a mischievous grin.

“Surprise,” Was his response.

“Wait but before we go, I want to know more about you,” I requested. He looked at me strangely.

“What?”

“I don’t really know you. I have no idea what your favorite color is or what movies make you laugh or anything. I just think that if we’re going to be friends, we shouldn’t be strangers. I mean, that is if you even want to be friends with me,” I mumbled nervously. He laughed making my stomach churn at the beautiful sound.

“I’d love that,” He answered, making the stupid grin come back.

“So first question,” I started rolling on my stomach. My bare legs hit the carpet, making me look back confused. I thought I was wearing a dress and heels.