Chapter 19

Amber’s POV

I opened the door to reveal Alice standing at my porch with a sympathetic look on her face.
“Hey, I heard what happened,” She informed me with a sad smile on her face. Her hands came from behind her back to reveal the movie, “Breaking Dawn,” and a couple bags of popcorn.

“I was hoping a movie and snacks with your best friend would make you feel better,” She said hopefully.

“I uh,” I said, trying to think of a way to tell her Noah Flynn was in my house. I caught movement from the corner of my eye. Alice leaned around me to look.

“Oh, is there someone here?” She asked. I opened my mouth to tell her it was Noah when the man himself emerged into view.

My eyebrows shot up when I realized his bare chest. I raked my eyes over every inch of him, savoring the sight.

“Aww, come on, baby. Come back to bed,” He whined. I heard Alice gasp and I narrowed my eyes. I caught the smirk that passed by his face before he had the pleading expression back on.

He was totally just doing this for Alice’s reaction.

“Yeah, um, Amber I got to go. Call me later,” She said, shooting me a look before speeding out the door.

I shut the door behind her and glared at Noah.
“Noah! What the heck was that?!” I asked angrily, which just earned me a stupid grin from him.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” He said with a wide smirk. I threw my hands up in the air with frustration.

“You basically shouted at Alice that we were sleeping together. Which we aren’t!” I added quickly as his face lit up.

“Yeah, but she doesn’t know that,” He said. I groaned. The doorbell rang again.

I threw the door open again.

“What?!”I screamed. Alice appeared in front of my sight with an overjoyed expression, oblivious to my anger.

“Okay, I know, bad time with you and Noah and all, but this couldn’t wait!” She squealed. I smiled and urged her on.

“What are we talking about?” Noah asked in a high voice, coming up behind me and leaning on the door frame. Alice glanced at him warily before looking at me, her excitement dying.

“It’s okay. Just pretend he isn’t there,” I suggested. She immediately grinned again and flipped her wild red hair over her shoulder.

“Wow, thanks,” Noah said sarcastically. I ignored him.

“I was just  leaving your house and all of a sudden Drake is right in front of me! Then, you’ll never guess what! He asked me out!” She screamed. I beamed.