Chapter 51

Noah’s POV

I was sitting on the couch with Amber. We were in her house.  A weird film made in the 90’s was playing on the TV screen. Right now, it was showing a couple kissing…. In not such a PG-13 way. Amber’s hand slid across the couch and intertwined with mine. I pulled her even closer, even though she was practically sitting on my lap already.

“I love you,” She whispered. I started to feel a little light-headed, like I always did when she said those words. It was a miracle that I got to hear them almost every day.

“I love you more,” I said. Before I could stop myself, I leaned down and pecked her on the lips. Lust through my veins as I kissed her again, this time more passionately.

Her fingers fumbled with the bottom of my shirt before yanking it over my head. The next thing I knew, all of our clothes had been shredded away and were now scattered along the living room floor.

I looked into her eyes and kissed her again, but she pulled back.

“Now,” She breathed. I nodded my head yes.

I reached behind her and snatched the remote off the table. I clicked the power button and the television faded blank. I tossed the remote across the room and smiled as I turned back to Amber.

Before we could get very far, the doorbell rang. Even though it was Amber’s house and not mine, I didn’t hesitate before jumping up to answer. I looked down at my exposed body and started to find my clothes.

Soon, I had found everything but my pants. I couldn’t answer the door in my boxers though! I searched under the TV and only found dust. I check everywhere in the living room then walked into the next room, which was the kitchen.

I found my pants folded neatly on one of the chairs at the table. I slipped them on with a frown. How did they end up all the way over here?

Sighing, I walked back into the front room and answered the door.

“Hello….” I trailer off once I saw officers in blue and white uniforms. Identical gold badges were on each one of their chest, except for the officer right in front of him. His badge had the word “Sheriff” written on it, while the others had “deputy.”

“Noah Flynn?” The sheriff asked. I nodded my head, wondering how he knew my name.

Furthermore, how did they know I would be at Amber’s house? And why were they looking for me? I don’t remember doing anything wrong.

“Yes, that’s me,” I told them.

The sheriff nodded at the deputy to his left. He stepped forwards and spun me around. He bashed my face against the wall and pinned my arms behind my back. I heard a clink and the feel of cold metal around my wrists.