The Choice

The following days were no better, Lily and Greyson came to get all of Lily's things, and she was finally moved out. Kalon spent her days painting and sitting in the corner of her painting room. Alex did everything in his power to make sure she was happy but she didn't open up anymore about anything. Every night the pack would sleep in the lounge together with their Luna.

William had called to say he was going to be at the pack sooner then expected. Kalon was currently looking at a painting she had just done, it was the first day she was left alone and she took the time to paint something she wanted to paint from the first moment she saw it, Alex. There was a knock on the door and she quickly placed the painting of Alex behind the one of the cage she was once in, "Yes Steven."

"Hey, Kali how did you know it was me?" Steven looked at her with a pout. 

"You are the only one would doesn't say who they are and instead just knocks." 

Steven plop down on the pillow she had in the room, "So Alex is mad." 

Kalon snapped her head to him, "Did I do something?"

"No, Kali no. It's about finding another girl. A lot of people are stressed out about it. Anyway back to what I was thinking: maybe you could paint something. For everyone."

Kalon looked at the paint on the floor and then at Steven, "Are you sure? I don't want anyone to get mad." Steven convinced Kalon that everything would be fine.

Following Steven downstairs and into the lunge he placed her paints in front of a huge blank wall, "Kali, here is what I think. You would paint a whole bunch of wolves in I don't know the forest or you can paint the pack mark." 

Kalon thought about mixing both, "Steven, can we move the seats?"

Once everything was set Kalon got right to painting, Steven sat on the couch he had just moved and watched her, "Alex, guess who got Kalon out of that room."

"Where are you two? Better be in the house a team is coming back in a few hours," Alex couldn't believe that Steven got her out but when he heard that they were in the lounge he quickly left his office. When he got there he saw her painting as always, but at least she was out of the room. Sitting next to Steven he gave him a thankful look. 

After a while the heard a grumbling noise but Kalon was to into her painting to ask for food not that she would anyway, "I'll go get Kali some food you stay here."

Alex wouldn't have wanted it any other way watching his beautiful mate. Steven came back with a bowl of food and placed it gently next to her paint. Kalon was done with the pack mark and was moving on to the trees when Chad ran into the room, "Ooooo, I want to paint too!" Before anyone could stop him he dunked his hand into the green paint and then placed it on the wall. Kalon stopped what she was doing to see what happen.

"Chad! Go wash your hands, okay? We must not make a mess," Chad ran off and Kalon looked around and saw Alex and Steven watching her, "Steven, come here." He got up and walked to the wall when he was close enough she grabbed his hand and placed it into the paint then she placed his hand on the wall.  Then she called Alex over after telling Steven to wash his hands as well. Kalon took Alex's hand and placed it in the center of the pack mark, after Alex's hand was on the wall, she dipped her hand into a different color paint and put hers on top of his.

For getting about her hand she backed up to look at the wall and almost fell she placed her hand on the now moved couch. She looked to see a bright yellow hand print on the couch, "Oh no, oh no, no, no. God how could I! How do I get it out?" 

Kalon was frantically looking around to Alex grabbed her, "Little mate, look at me. It's okay. The paint will come out no one will be angry. We can go buy a new couch if you would like. How about we get everyone else in here to out a hand print on the wall?"

Kalon looked at her hand, the couch, the wall and then to Alex before nodding her head.

"Everyone come for a line in the lounge the Luna needs you all for something."

"No one ever told me what a mate was." 

Steven chose a great time to walk in the room, "A soul mate of course. Do you remember when we watched Cinderella? How her and the prince were made for each other? Well it's like that with mates- we all have one somewhere- yours is Alex." 

Kalon looked at Alex and then to Steven, "Do you have a mate?" 

Steven looked down, "I do. Somewhere. I need to find her." 

By now other people were in the lounge, just as Alex was alerted that William was heading for the house, "Go on Kali, put everyone's hands on the wall, Steven will stay with you. I will be in my office if you need anything."

"Oh little brother, where are you?"  

Alex sat behind his desk, "Office down stairs pay no attention to the lounge my mate is painting." 

A few minutes later William walked in and made himself comfortable on the couch, "Cool office, I like the painting, I always wondered what you would do with this place," Alex admired the mural his mate ahead done a few days earlier.

"But I know you wouldn't call me to show me a painting so what is it." 

Alex looked at his brother, "She truly is Unchangeable nothing will snap her back to freedom, she was a slave for to long. You know what we normally do to the Unchangeable , but she is mine and a Luna." 

William cut him off before he could finish, "So I'll wipe her mind, is that what you want? I'm so happy mom had that little fling with the witch before she met your dad."

Alex slammed his fist on the desk, "Will you just shut up! I'm trying to tell you something. Her memory is like nothing else. She remembers everything, everyplace she has been, every face she has seen and everything she has been through. I need your advice. Her memories could help us greatly but I want her to have the freedom."

William sat up straight, "Listen it's your mate but think about it this way; free her or everyone else."