War is Coming

Alex regretted teaching Kalon how to block her thoughts as he paced his office. The past few days Kalon has been sitting alone in her painting room barely talking to anyone. When she did talk to someone it wasn't much and it was never to him. Aaron was sitting with her now trying to get through to her. 

Alex felt like pulling his hair out when Melly peaked her head in, "Alpha, I think I know what might be bothering Luna." 

Alex walked behind Melly as they headed into Kalon's painting room, "Kali, can we talk for a minute?" Kalon looked over at Melly and nodded. Aaron stood up and left saying goodbye. Kalon quickly looked away from Alex whose sadness grew. 

Kalon moved over and let Melly sit next to her, "Kalon, when I first met Titus I wouldn't let him near me for weeks. I felt like the worst mate in the world because I wasn't a pure mate." 

Kalon pulled her knees to her chest, "Does he know, what happened to me?" 

Melly nodded and glanced back at Alex, "Of course he does but Kalon he doesn't care about that. He loves you regardless of anything you have been through and the sadness you feel right now is his because he also feels like he let you down," Kalon glanced up at Alex and let a tear fall. Melly stood up, "Kalon I am here for you but really it's Alex you should be talking too. I promise you this though. He is the only one can bring you peace." 

Kalon pulled her knees tighter to herself, "Do you think I am gross?"

Alex gently sat on the floor next to her, "I could never think that, nothing of what happened to you is your fault. You were and still are a child. You didn't choose what happened to you, why did you ask your wolf what happened?"

"I thought I could understand better but I didn't ask her, I looked into my own head." 

Alex put his hand out, "Look into mine, tell me what you see when I think about you."

Kalon placed her hand on his and let her mind wander into his. She carefully took her hand off of his and move closer crawling into his lap, "I am sorry." 

Alex placed a kiss onto the top of her head, "I am too, I wish I would have known what was going on," Kalon tucked her head into his chest as she cried. Alex just wrapped his arms around her. After about an hour Kalon was sleeping soundly on his chest as he stood up and walked down to his office.

When Kalon woke up she was in Alex's lap as he was leaned back in his chair eyes closed. Kalon moved away from him and looked at the mural she painted on the wall when she first got here. She got up off his lap and moved to place her hand on the wall and when she did she was taken to the scene she had painted. 

"Ben can you quietly come to the office please? Alex is sleeping in here and I don't want to wake him,"  Ben stepped into the office and Kalon put a finger to her lips asking him to be quiet. She put her hand back on the wall and then offered her other to Ben. When the scene had finished she removed both hands and put them in front of her. Ben glanced at Alex and then motioned for her to follow. 

"Kalon when is that?" 

She shook her head and watched the pack move about their lives, "I don't know but I know it's soon. What do we do?" 

Ben looked around before meeting her eyes, "We do nothing. Alex needs to know." 

"I need to know what?" Alex placed his hands on Kalon's shoulders as he stood behind her, "Little mate, what is going on?" 

Kalon looked up at him, "Can I show you?" She took his hand, leading him back to the office where she placed a hand on the wall. 

Alex pulled her closer to him and growled out, "We need to start preparing but first you need to tell me how you knew you could do that." 

Kalon looked up at the mural, "I can do it with everything. When I was looking at my paintings this week that's what I was doing. But it's not just my paintings, everything holds a memory either from the past or future." 

Alex sighed, "We can talk about this later along with some other things."

"Pack members, all those who are of age to fight are to meet me out back in one hour,"  Kalon looked up at Alex and then took a few steps away from him. When he tried to reach out for her she shook her head. 

She paced back and forth as her wolf began to talk to her. When she wolf was done she looked over at Alex and shut the door to his office, "I think I know how to win but we can't tell anyone." 

Alex and Kalon walked out front where all the wolves in the pack had gathered, "Hello, everyone I am sorry to pull you away from your weekend activities. There is word that there are rouges gathering together to challenge us. They want us to stop saving the missing. We are going to prepare for them. Kalon will be heading to another pack till it is safe as well as the children and the women who do not wish to fight." 

Kalon looked at the pack and watched how they listened intently when she noticed a man who wasn't. She left Alex's side and walked over to him, Titus quickly stepping behind her. When she got to him she looked at him, "How could you careless for what Alex is saying?"

The man looked down at her and let a chuckle out, "What are you going to do little Luna?" She grabbed Titus hand and then reached out to grip the man's arm. 

Titus pushed Kalon behind him just as Alex walked up. The man laughed even louder, "So, it's true then she has the gift of the goddess, that won't stop them. War is coming."