A Big Step Back

When they got back to the house Alex looked at Kalon, "I have to go into my office and make some phone calls. What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Kalon looked at the children play and then looked back at Alex. 

Kalon has been making a lot of choices since she has been here and she couldn't help but to think that it would all come to an end soon but there was at least one more thing she wanted to do, "Can I learn?"

Alex looked down at his mate nodding his head he took her in to the daycare part of the pack house. Melly was sitting with some of the kids reading a book, and there was another woman, "Kalon, this is Andrea. She is going to teach you all the things you want to learn and once you don't want to learn anything else for today, you can tell her."

Alex left Kalon with Andrea and went to his office to do some Alpha work. Kalon sat on the floor while Andrea asked her all different questions. Kalon told her how Ben told her what trees were and how wolfs are different then doggies. Andrea decided to play with flashcards of letters and numbers to make sure that Kalon knew what they all were. After a few hours Kalon could say all her letters and numbers and could even spell a few names. Proud of what she had learned she asked Andrea if they could stop and then Kalon went to go look for someone she knew.

Running around the halls Kalon got lost quick she was in a new part of the pack house and she didn't recognize anything she saw. Kalon knew she would get in trouble for being somewhere she was not allowed. She decided to just stay where she was and wait for her punishment to come.

Alex saw what time it was and knew Kalon had to eat in then get to bed but he had so much more work to do, "Steven. Titus. One of you must go get Kalon from Andrea in the daycare and bring her to get some food and then get her to sleep. I'm going to assume there are people waiting for her in the living room and if not just mind link Ben to get some people together." 

He heard them fight over who was going to get her and then outside his office door he heard them yelling down the hall. He laughed to himself and then continued his work that was in till he heard their feet running around the pack house, "Boys, you can fight over who she likes to hang out with later. My mate needs to get food and to sleep. NOW!"

"Uh Alpha, we can't find her. She wasn't at the daycare." 

Alex slammed his hands on his desk and mind linked Ben, "You need to help me find Kalon." While Alex was running around, he mind linked Andrea to ask her what happened and she told him that Kalon left almost an hour ago to find someone.

Kalon had been sitting and waiting for a long time when she saw feet come in to her view. Ben looked down at Kalon who was on her knees with her head down, "Little one, no one could find you. Have you been here the whole time, are you okay, did something happen?" Kalon didn't look up at him or answer him she just stayed still. Ben told Alex where they were and that she wasn't responding.

Alex walked into the hall to see Kalon on her knees and Ben sitting on the ground next to her. Alex could now feel the fear coming off of her. His wolf was clawing to get out and calm his mate so Alex let him. He shifted into his wolf and walked over to his mate. He laid down in front of her and forced his head under her hand.

Kalon started to pet the wolf's head when she realized it was Alex's wolf, "A. L. E. X. I learned how to spell your name today and mine. Am I going to be punished for being where I shouldn't be?" 

Alex was proud of his little artist but growled at the fact that she thought she would be punished here. Alex mind linked Ben and then Ben spoke, "You will never be punished here, remember you are free to do what you want, how about you and Alex go get something to eat? Then it is time for bed."

"And don't forget to speak to Steven and Titus about not being able to find her." 

Ben nodded his head before Alex and Kalon walked off.

Kalon had a few bites of a sandwich before she felt full. It was the only thing she had said since earlier and Alex was worried her mind had taken a step back. 

"Alex, where is Aaron? Am I not allowed to see him?" 

Alex looked at his mate, "No, he is almost 16 so he has to go to some people called the elders and has to answer a bunch of questions and do a bunch of things to make sure he is all done learning . He will be back here soon."

Kalon nodded her head not really understanding but when she cleaned her plate, Alex took her hand. He lead her into the living room where a few wolfs were waiting for their Luna to join, Alex made sure she was sound asleep before he dozed off himself.