Prepare for Battle

Alex woke up when his pack members started to. He slowly got up and put the Alex stuffed animal near Kalon. He walked into his office and sat behind his desk when Ben walked in, "Carrie, she is pregnant," he beamed. 

Alex stood up, "Future Beta, congrats!"

They talked about the baby for a little while till Ben pointed to his bead, "She is asking for water. I'll see you later at training." 

As soon as Ben walked out another pack member walked in.

Kalon woke up with stuffy Alex instead of real Alex. She picked him up and headed up to her painting room. She put Alex down, picked out paint and looked for an empty canvas, she didn't have any so she decided to paint on the wall. She began painting a mural, she was a few hours in before she remembered the snow.

She ran out of the room and down the hall, no one was in their rooms so she decided they must be outside. She grabbed the jacket and boots from yesterday and walked outside. There were wolves everywhere and they were training. Kalon saw them fighting and ran into the middle "Stop!"

No one saw her in time and one of the wolves knocked her into the snow. She was hurt and cold she curled into a ball and started to cry. No one could get her to calm down or listen, Alex came running outside and attempted to come to her but she cried louder, "What happened here?" He demanded while knelling by her side. 

"She ran out into the middle she said stop but it was too late people were mid air."

She continued to cry, Alex shifted into his wolf hopping that would help. But she wouldn't calm down. 

"We have to get her out of the cold!" Alex shifted back and told a few guys to go get blankets for when she was inside. He bent down and fought against her protests as he picked her up carrying her inside. 

Aaron came running down the stairs, "Is she okay? What happened?" 

Kalon was placed on the couch with a few blankets, "She ran into the center of the fighting and was knocked down by a couple of wolves." 

Arron sat next to her, "She feels guilt, not pain though."

A crowd was forming around Kalon, worried for their Luna. William stepped forward, "Aaron you can look inside her mind. Just connect with her like the other day." 

Aaron carefully moved his hand towards Kalon and gently placed it on to her leg. He felt her emotions stronger then ever and then he heard what she was thinking, "She thinks she was punished, but she doesn't know what she did. She is upset with herself she thinks she disappointed everyone. Especially Alex," he turned his head towards Alex, "She can feel that you are upset and sad, but she thinks its because of something she did."

Kalon continued to cry, till she fell asleep. Everyone left the Luna alone but Alex kept a careful watch over her. Everyone was heading to bed so Alex carefully lifted Kalon up and brought her up to the apartment. He placed her on the bed and headed to the bathroom to shower and change quickly. When he returned she was sitting on the bed looking down, "Kali, how are you feeling?"

She didn't look up, "I am sorry I did something wrong, you can punish me how ever you feel fit." 

Alex walked over to bed and sat down, "You didn't do anything wrong. The wolves they didn't even mean to hurt you, they are upset that they didn't see you in time. You are not ever going to be punished here." 

She looked up at Alex, "You were upset and sad though. Why were they fighting?"

"They were pretend fighting just incase they need to protect the pack. They would never really hurt each other or you. It's playing they have fun while doing it." 

She nodded, "But that's not how we play at daycare?"

Alex shook his head, "No because you are learning different things there. Like spelling, numbers and animals." 

She looked around the bed, "Can we go get little Alex?" 

He nodded and stood up, "Where is he?" 

She thought, "Painting!" She jumped up and ran down the hall. 

Alex chuckled and followed her, "You painted the wall?" 

She nodded with a smile, "All of my canvases are painted on!" 

She pointed to a stack of canvases almost touching the ceiling, "You should wrap them and give them to pack members for Christmas."

"What's that?" She looked confused as she picked up her stuffy, he took her hand and walked back to the apartment. 

"I'll make sure you learn about it tomorrow but it's a holiday where you exchange gifts." 

She yawned and laid her head down, "That sounds fun." 

She moved closer to him and into his chest, "I like being your mate." 

He smile down at her and kissed the top of her head, "I'm glad my little artist."

The next few days Kalon wouldn't let Alex out of her sight, "Why do people come and talk to you all the time?" She was doing her workbook on numbers while Alex did his Alpha work. 

"I'm the Alpha that's means I need to help them because it's my job to make sure that everyone is happy and safe and has what they need," She stood up grabbed her book and pulled her chair closer to Alex.

"Kalon, are you okay?" 

Nodding she copied the number 3, "Yes, just wanted to be closer to you." 

He nodded completely understanding not complaining that his mate was waning to be closer to him. She worked through her book till she got to 9, and then she closed it.

The phone went off and he sighed picking it up, "Hello," he looked shocked into the phone, "that's impossible. Where? I'll prepare my men. See you soon," Alex hung up the phone, "How about you go turn that into Andrea?" 

She nodded and ran off, "Ben, Adam, Steven, James and Titus my office now. Andrea distract Kalon as long as you can."

"What's going on Alpha?" 

Alex stood up when everyone was in the office, "They have a location on Jake. We must prepare everyone and leave soon."