Family Reunion

Kalon sat off to the side as Alex spoke to the council on the phone, "I will inform my pack see you tomorrow." 

Kalon stood up, "What did that man mean, what is the gift of the goddess?" 

Alex stood up and lead her to towards the kitchen, "You know how William has magic?" 

Kalon nodded her head, "So I am like him?"

Alex shook his head, "He has magic because he was born to a witch. You have the powers but not magic. You do because the Moon Goddess herself gave them to you." 

"Can we shift?" Alex nodded his head and then led Kalon outside where wolves were training. Looking across the field Kalon didn't move for a moment. She was being drawn to a spot, walking quickly in that direction she left Alex's side. Alex followed after her but she wasn't listening to him call her name. 

Kalon continued on the path and when she got to the border she stopped. Looking around she glanced up at a tree and moved closer to it. Placing her hand onto it she pulled back quickly like her hand had been burned. 

"What's wrong?" Kalon turned to look at Alex and reached out to touch the tree again but the same thing happened. She looked up and tried to see up the branches, "Kalon, what is going on?" 

"I've been here before. It's where they handed me over. It's where you are going to have to hand me over," looking up at Alex she smiled before taking a step back and shifting. Waiting for Alex to shift she took off running. Alex let his wolf take over and slowly Kalon let hers do the same. 

Kalon's wolf stopped short making Alex's run past her and almost hit a tree. Kalon's wolf ran the other way and sped up trying to play chase with him. Alex's wolf ran, jumped over Kalon and pushed her lightly into the ground. 

Taking over in her mind Kalon was taken back to when Jack bit her. Shifting back Kalon let out a scream and tried to push Alex off of her, "No! Don't bite me! No!"

Alex backed up and shifted back before coming closer to Kalon, "Hey, I am not going to bite you," hearing her thoughts he sat down next to her as she sat up, "We didn't mean to trigger that for you." 

"No, I am sorry," sitting up she crossed her legs, "I don't even know what happened. I didn't mean to yell at you," Kalon stood up and pointed towards the house, "I want to go inside. Alone." 

Running off towards the house Kalon ran passed everyone, some tried to stop her. Kalon not looking where she was going and she bumped into someone who immediately wrapped their arm around her.   

Looking up she wrapped her arms around Ben as she cried, "Woah, little one. What is wrong?" 

Kalon just continued to cry as she help onto him tightly. She could sense Alex behind her, "What happened?" 

Titus came in through the front door and looked down at Kalon, "Kali, what happened?" Without meaning to when Titus reached out to touch her both Ben and him saw what she went through. 

"Oh god," Titus did his best to pull Kalon from Ben to look at him, "Never. And I mean never will that happen again. Alex would rather die then hurt you. You don't need to feel bad about yelling at him either, he can take it. But we all know that Alex can help you feel better, so turn around give him a hug and show him what we just saw." Kalon did what she was told. 

Once she felt a little better she headed to the daycare to learn some more things as well as play with the kids. She kept thinking about Alex wanting to go back to see him but she didn't want to bother him while he was working. 

Alex could hear Kalon's thoughts, instead of scaring her with mind linking, he stood from his desk, and headed to the daycare. Kalon looked up when she heard the door open and smiled when she saw it was Alex. He spoke to Andrea for a moment before he walked to where Kalon was writing in her school book, "Do you think that you would like to work on you school stuff in the office with me?" 

Nodding her head Kalon grabbed all her things and held on to his hand as they walked back to the office, "I was also thinking that maybe we could get you a desk and some books or whatever you want in there so that you could work with me." 

"Everyday?" 

"Any day that you want. My little artist, I would do my work on the floor of your painting room if you wanted me to. I would do anything I could to make sure you were happy," Alex sat at his desk as Kalon pulled a chair over, "Kalon, you happiness is very important to me." 

Kalon just opened her work book as Alex flipped through stacks of papers. Kalon reached for a pencil sitting across the desk when she saw a girl in a cage. Kalon tried to figure out where the girl was, she couldn't see much but she noticed a man sitting in the corner. Kalon retreated her hand and sat back in her chair. 

"Did you see something?" 

She nodded, "He was sitting in the corner. But he was looking at where I was in the room, almost like he knew I could see. There was a girl in a cage. I think I need to go lay down." 

"Do you want me to come with you?" 

"No," Kalon shook her head, "I'll be okay," she placed a kiss on his cheek as she stood and left the room. Heading into her art room she grabbed a random canvas and started painting as fast as she could trying to get every detail of the man painted. Looking at the painting she moved over to the stack of her old ones that were left and couldn't find what she was looking for. 

Kalon left the room holding the canvas as she walked down the halls. Stopping in front of a door she knocked gently, and waited. After a minute there was no answer so Kalon slowly twisted the knob and walked in. The room was mostly empty but Kalon could tell no one had been in it for a while. Touch a few things Kalon tried to see if she had any idea on why she was drawn to the room.

"What are you doing in here?" 

"Do you know who this is?" Kalon showed William the painting of the man she had just done.

"That would be my brother, this used to be his room. Quite the asshole. I left the pack because I wanted to be Alpha, mind you, I can't shift. But him, he was not any part wolf and was only staying here because I begged Alex," William paused, "But my brother he was, hungry. Hungry for power. He went into dark magic and was forced out. He would have done anything to have what Alex does." 

Kalon reached her hand out for William and he gave her his, "Get us out of here," letting go Kalon stepped back, "Did you see the way he looked us in the eye the minute we were there. It's because he could see us. Guess it's time for a family reunion."