First Snow

Kalon has been sleeping in Alex's apartment at night and she spent her days in the daycare learning all she could. she walked into Alex's office, "What are you doing?" 

Alex looked up from his paper work, "Making sure everyone has what they need."

She nodded and then walked out. William walked in and sat down, "She shocks me sometimes as if she was never gone," Alex nodded, "but then other times, it is like she is still enslaved." 

Kalon wondered around the house. Then she went outside, it was cold out and there was something falling from the sky. She looked around and saw it was beginning to cover the ground in a layer of white.

She saw some of the kids running around in it, she saw down and caught it, "Kali you shouldn't be out where with no jacket on." 

She looked over at Titus, "What is this stuff?" 

He looked up at the sky, "The snow?"

Titus looked at her, "Let's go get you a jacket and then you can come back outside and play in it." 

She nodded and then stood up, "I'm wet." 

He nodded, "You sat in the snow. You can change." 

She grabbed is hand and pulled him inside to Alex's office, "Welcome back my little artist." 

She looked at William, "The sky is making snow. Titus told me that we have to change and then we can play in it, can everyone come play?" 

Alex nodded, "Yeah you should put a coat on."

"How come the other kids don't need to wear a coat?" 

William looked at her, "Human are colder then wolves. I need a coat too."

After she got changed and put a coat on they headed outside, "There is more snow then before!" Kalon started running around while everyone watched her.

The kids started having a snowball fight and Kalon watched them, she carefully tried to pick up the snow in a ball but it wasn't working. Alex came over, "Here like this." 

He put his hands over hers and packed the snow into a ball. She threw it at Titus and he laughed. 

"Alex can your wolf play?" He nodded took a step back and shifted. His wolf laid down rolled in the snow and then stood and shook it off. She laughed and made another snowball and threw it at him, he caught it in his mouth.

She looked over at William and Titus, "Will he get sick?" 

They shook their heads William pointed to the sky, "The snow is just frozen water." 

She looked at Alex, pet him and then started running around. She was giggling but the ground was slippery, she slid and hit a tree. Alex, Titus and William ran over. 

Alex shifted back, "Are you okay?" She nodded, and put her hand to her head, it was sticky so she looked at her hand and there was blood. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

Alex picked her up and carried her inside, "Bella can you meet me in your office." 

He carried her to Bella's and put her down, "Let's see what me got here. I just need to clean it." 

She got a wet towel and dabbed the blood, "It's just a cut. Nothing to worry about. Would you like a lollipop or a sticker?"

Kalon put her hand to her chin, "Can I have a sticker please? " 

Bella nodded and handed one to Kalon, "How about you take a nap while I do my work?" 

She looked at him sad while they left Bella's office, "But I want to spend time with you. Did I do something wrong?" 

He shook his head, "Of course not, why don't you take a nap in my office?"

Kalon was fast asleep on the couch while Alex finished all his paper work. When he was done he sat back, he was getting hungry so he picked Kalon up carefully and walked to the kitchen. As he was making a sandwich when she started to wake up. He placed her carefully on her feet. When she was sanding she grabbed the box of cereal and walked over to the table.

"How come there was snow?" 

Alex sat next to her, it was late and most of the pack was sleeping, "It is winter, when it's winter it gets colder so instead of raining it snows."

"I didn't learn about winter yet, just fall. That's when the leafs become new colors and come off the trees." 

He nodded, "Leaves not leafs and you are right. But after fall it's winter."

She dumped some of her cereal out onto the table, and put a few in her mouth, "Kali, do you like that cereal? I noticed you ate a box in the apartment too." 

She nodded her head, he made sure to remember to have someone pick up extra Apple Jacks.

Alex heard the phone is his office ring, "I'll be right back Kali." 

He stood and headed to go answer the phone. Kalon looked out the window and saw that there was still snow coming down, she stood up and headed for the door, walking outside she was amazed. The snow was up to her knees. She shut the door behind her and began walking then she heard the sound of running and remembered the kids playing earlier. She began going towards the noise but was almost hit by a wolf. 

The wolf stopped in front of her and looked at her, "I want to play!"

The wolf motioned towards the house and gave her a little push, she stubbled forward. Alex has just hung up the phone and walked back to the kitchen when he head Adam, "Alpha, the Luna is out by the border behind the house. She is trying to play." 

Alex sighed and headed to where Adam was with Kalon, "Kali, it's to cold and dark to play right now." 

She looked over at the wolf, "The wolf is playing."

Alex began walking her back to the pack house, "Kalon you are freezing and no Adam is making sure we are safe by running the border." 

She was confused, "But it's to cold and dark."

"How about we go watch a new movie? One you haven't seen before?" 

She nodded as they headed into the house. Alex grabbed a movie from the stack of movies she hasn't watched yet. He wrapped a blanket around her and settled into the couch as the movie started. After several movies she was a sleep not wanting to disturb her he simple decided to sleep on the couch.