10

"Where have you been?" You mum spoke as she raised an eyebrow when you walked in the door.

"I uh- was in detention." You mumbled and frowned, for some reason you had the thought that something else happened. You just couldn't remember what.

"Really y/n? I know it's been hard these last few years but you promised you'd get your grades up." Your mum sighed and shook her head.

You nodded before you went up to your room and did some homework so you don't get another detention, after a while you heard a tapping at your window and looked up slightly scared.

The large crow from earlier that day sat there making you frown, you opened your window as it perched on your window sill.

You checked the clock to see that it was already 11 pm, huffing as you raised an eyebrow at the creature.

"What?" You looked at it in confusion as it squawked but you shushed it. "You can stay if you're quiet." You sighed and got ready for bed, getting under the covers and looking at the crow as it stared at you the whole time. "Goodnight." You smiled at it before laughing at how weird the whole thing was, you felt like one of the Disney princesses that had animal friends.

Soon sleep overcame you and your mind began to wonder and concoct the thoughts of your subconscious into dreams. A man with dark hair and piercing blue eyes stood in your room as you looked at him from the bed. He hadn't seen you yet as he gazed out your window. You frowned at how recognisable he was, he slowly turned to look at you and smirked.

"Hello y/n." His voice sounded so familiar, but you just couldn't place it.

"Who are you?" You whispered as he approached.

"Ouch, kind of offended that you don't remember me." He mockingly pretended to be hurt. His form suddenly twisted and turned, becoming dark and distorted. His arms turned to wings as he shrunk in size.

"Wait! Who are you?" You shouted over the sudden rushing of loud winds. The figure didn't answer you as before your eyes turned into a crow, the same one that was on your window.

You cried out as it flew at you, causing you to jolt awake and look around. You placed a hand on your thundering heart and breathed heavily. 

It was light out and time to get up for school as you groaned and glanced at the still open window. The crow had gone.

The next week of school flew by quickly, you felt slightly thankful that it had as you hated it. However you had been enjoying science with Stefan, he was so smart and good looking. You shamefully felt more and more feelings towards him the longer you spent with him.

"Y/N wake up!" You mum shouted from the door, you groaned loudly and rolled over.

Monday. Again.

You didn't like Monday's on the best of them, however you knew that you would particularly hate this one.

You couldn't believe it had already been 2 years since your dad had passed away. It still only felt like it was last week, the pain surfacing in your heavy heart.

Eventually you began to walk to school, engrossed in your own thoughts. Trying to think about anything other that your dad, so you thought about the dream you had last night. You wanted to know who that man was, it was hurting your head as a nagging made you feel like you had already met him. You just couldn't place it.

You got to school and see Elena, Caroline and Bonnie your friends and walk over to them.

"Hey guys." You smile as they each greeted you, no sympathetic smiles or questions on how you were feeling. It made you frown. They'd forgot. How? You questioned in your mind as they all seemed oblivious.

"Well tonight shall we all go to the grill? I think we need a catch up." Caroline suggested excitedly, it was just an excuse for her to get more gossip about people.

Do you:

Accept the offer (17)

Or decline and say you have stuff to do (13)