53

You close the gap between you by pressing your lips softly on his, he kissed back immediately. His hands trailing down your back to wrap around your waist, whilst yours tangled in his hair. It lasted only a few moments, but felt like forever as you reluctantly pulled away.

"Night." You smiled at him as he returned it warmly.

"Night y/n." He mumbled before you walked inside, running up to your room and catching your breath.

You smiled to yourself before getting ready for bed, and surrounding yourself in the warm covers. You slowly fell asleep whilst smiling and thinking about Stefan.

You wake up in the morning and wince at the incoming light from the window. You groan and roll over thinking about the events over the past few weeks. You thought about if you went to school, then you'd have to face Elena. And after how she ignored you last night you didn't want to yet.

You get dressed and go downstairs where your mum is in the kitchen, you grab an apple as she gives you a scolding look.

"I'm not hungry Mum, I'll get something on the way to school. I promise." You reassure her as you kiss her cheek before heading out of the house.

You walked to school reluctantly and thought about what to say to Elena later.

//

You got to school and it felt like a disaster;
Elena was avoiding you again because of the whole Stefan thing and Stefan wasn't in school, so you didn't have anyone to talk to. The day dragged by with endless lessons on boring subjects and nobody to talk to about anything.

Finally the bell rang and you walk out to go home and see where Stefan went.

You frown when you get outside and see Stefan waiting for you at the edge of the school boundary.

"Hey where were you today?" You ask as you approach him, he simply shrugged.

"Oh you know, here and there." He smiled as you raised an eyebrow, he was acting slightly strange. "Can I walk you home?" He asked as you nodded and smiled at him.

"You missed science today, and Elena is still ignoring me." You huffed as he chuckled.

"At least you have Amara." He shrugged as you frowned at him in confusion.

"Who?" You asked as he stared at you.

"Your friend." He stated as you shook your head.

"I don't have a friend called Amara." You replied, he frowned before shaking his head.

"Oh sorry I'm getting muddled up with someone else." He mumbled as you tried to divert the conversation topic to something less weird. Something definitely seemed off with Stefan, you kept talking until you reached your house.

"Would you like to come in?" You offered.

"Sure, thanks." He smirked and stepped into the house, your mum would be back soon so you both went up to your room.

"So who's this Amara girl?" You questioned as it was still playing on your mind.

"O-oh, she's just this girl that I used to know." He shrugs. "So what did I miss in English then?" He asked trying to change the subject.

"You mean science?" You ask and he nodded causing you to frown.

You showed him your notes and explained everything, he seemed interested and even corrected you on a few things. It was like he already knew everything.

After about an hour and a half, your mum came in.

"Mum this is Stefan." You explain as she smiles at him.

"Hi Stefan, you going to be staying for dinner?" She asks and you're sort of shocked that she was so calm about a guy being in your room.

"That's very kind but I have to get home." He smiled and stood up, you did too and walked him downstairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." You spoke, he nodded and opened the door.

"Yeah I promise I'll be in school." He chuckled as you laughed and said goodbye one last time before shutting the door.

"He seemed nice." Your mum smiled at you from the kitchen doorway.

"Yeah he is." You replied before going up to your room again.

Continue to (55)