Chapter 10

He dropped me off around the corner from the studios as he didn't want anyone to see him. He'd been banned from the studios after his audition. If I'm honest I was so glad at least he couldn't get me at work that way.

"See you at 7," I said, climbing out the car.

"Yes you will," he said. "Oh and one more thing: give me your phone, I don't want you calling for help or anything."

"I left it at Danny's house," I said.

"Ah ok. If he gives you it back don't you dare call anyone. I'll be checking and you'll know what will happen if you do. Now have a good day," he said, sarcastically. I slammed the door and walked down the road to the studios trying not to scream with confusion and anger. I got a few odd looks as I was still in Danny's shirt and trackies but I don't think anyone realised who I was. They were all business men so I doubt any of them knew who I was anyway.

I got to the studios and walked in to be instantly greeted by the make-up girls who were waiting for me as always. They started talking about the look they were thinking about for today but I wasn't really listening I just let them do what they had to do and then the hairdresser came and did my hair. They did it brilliantly as always but I think they sussed something was wrong as I spotted them whispering in the corner but I took no noticed. I couldn't tell anyone anyway.

After, I'd got dressed I still had 20 minutes until we had to be in the studio for recording and the auditions so I sat in my dressing room for a bit thinking about everything. I thought through every possible thing I could to get away from Jake but I knew nothing would work. Would he just give Jackson back to me if I went with him tonight? Would he kill me? Would he attack me? I was in deep thought when Danny came rushing into the room snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Jess! Oh my god, are you ok? Where did you go this morning?" he asked, rushing to my side and sitting beside me.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I said.

"Why did you leave this morning? I would've bought you here. I thought you knew that," he replied.

"I know you would've. I-I..," I started but I burst into tears before I could finish.

"Jess? Jess, what's wrong? Don't cry," he comforted, hugging me close.

"I can't tell you," I sobbed against his chest.

"Of course you can, babe. You can tell me anything," he reassured me.

"No, you don't understand I can't tell you," I explained.

"Is it that jerk? It's him isn't it? Has he hurt you? Wait till I get him. I'll kill him," Danny shouted, going red with anger as he seemed to read my mind.

"Danny, no you can't! He'll k-k-kill Jackson," I shouted grabbing his arm.

"He's got Jackson?! Oh shit," Danny cursed. "We'll get this sorted Jess. Now tell me everything. What's he said? What do you have to do?"

I told him everything from going to the shop and him taking me to the building site and how I had to go see him after work but I didn't know what he was going to do. He got angrier and angrier, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth as I told him.

"I swear when I get hold of him I'll fucking kill him," he growled after I'd finished.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault," I apologised.

"No, don't you dare say that! I promise I'll look after you. I won't let him hurt you ever, ever again," Danny promised as he kissed my forehead. He sat and thought for a bit until he spoke again: "right, here's the plan. You hang around a little bit after work and I'll leave and get to your place before you and him do. I'll get Mark and Glen to meet me there and I'll try and persuade Tom and Will to come too and we'll stop him and get you back safely. It'll all be ok, darling. Try not to worry and forget about it for work today so you can get some really amazing people on your team. We'll get this sorted."