Chapter 1: Betrayed & Broken

'Well Pikachu, we won another league!' Ash exclaimed. He looked down at his Pokémon who was looking at its reflection in the Alola league trophy. 'Pika!' Pikachu replied, almost squealing with joy. 'You will get so much ketchup, because you were incredible out there' Ash said. Pikachu grew even more excited and started licking Ash's face uncontrollably.
'Hey stop it! That tickles' Ash said laughing. 'I can't wait till my mom knows about this' Ash said, he looked out threw the plane window and saw Kanto approaching. He had a smile as big as the Earths surface area.

'Well Pikachu, we're almost home!' Ash said pointing out the window. Pikachu jumped off it's seat and onto the window and looked out seeing Kanto approaching, 'Pika Pi' Pikachu said.

It was for another half an hour before the plane had touched down in Viridian city airport in Kanto. Ash was the last one to exit the plane. As he stepped out he took one huge breath of the air of Kanto and felt refreshed after the sweet scent the sky was engulfed in. 'Feels good to be home' Ash said, doing a few stretches. Pikachu then jumped onto his shoulder copying it's trainers actions by breathing in the fresh air of Kanto.

The duo walked out of the airport and into the busy roads. He was walking towards the route to pallet town, however he was receiving ominous stares from the local. Ash felt that something was wrong and increased his speed avoiding the looks. He walked past a news cast.

'This boy has been reported to have been cheating his way to win the Pokémon leagues. Locals are protesting for him to be caught and taken away for his actions. Reports are saying that the police are on the lookout for the boy' A news caster said to the camera man while holding a picture of Ash. Ash saw the image and became worried.

As he walked past the news reporter, all eyes fell on him. Ash could feel the weight of their eyes pressuring him. Sweat was trickling down his forehead. Ash started to run away and heard people running after him. Ash turned into a dark alley way but there was no way out. He was trapped.

The group of civilians stood in front of him with pitchforks and charmanders. 'Well it's the cheater who cheated to win the titles' one of them hissed at Ash. 'What do you mean I cheated' Ash shouted at them. 'We know what we saw and we have a trusty source as well' The man replied. Ash grew angry, he had his fists balled up in front of them.

'Well I didn't cheat in anything, so stop accusing me!' Ash shouted. 'What proof do you have boy? The its 1 against a million. You stand no chance' the Man said snarling at Ash. 'Charmander use flamethrower' All of the locals shouted and one huge flamethrower at Ash.

Ash closed his eyes, looking unfazed at what was heading to him. 'Lucario teleport me to Pallet' Ash said in telepathy. He could see his body turn blue. The people in front of him disappeared and the scene changed to the peaceful Pallet Town. With no chance, Ash ran straight towards his home, hoping it would be safer over there.

He stopped at his door, panting heavily after the running he had consumed. 'What was the cheating business about?' Ash said looking at Pikachu who just shrugged. He knocked on his door.

The door opened and Serena of all people was standing there. Ash was about to hug her but saw her serious face and decided to pass, 'Ash, you might wanna come in' She said with a worried tone, which concerned Ash. 'She normally is happy? Did something serious happen' Ash thought in his mind. He followed her into the living room and saw his all his friends from the regions he had visited. He felt their cold eyes looking at him. They looked in anger and disappointment. He turned to his mother who had the same look.

'Umm what's up?' Ash spoke. There was silence for a few minutes then Calem spoke out, 'what do you think is up cheater! The only thing that is up is your friendship with us' Calem bellowed out in anger. 'What are you on about' Ash said confused. 'This' Gary turned on the TV which showed the news report from earlier.