Chapter 2: Invitations and Confession?

'Hey Serena, how long till dinner?' Bonnie shouted as he watched television. They were in vanville town, home of Serena's home where she spent most of her childhood barring the summer camp in Pallet Town. 'It's ready, you can come get it, get Max and Clemont as well' Serena shouted from the kitchen.

Bonnie stood up and walked into the front yard where Max was battling Clemont. 'Luxray finish it with Thunder fang' Clemont shouted. Luxray's fangs grew white with sparks of electricity spewing out. It bit Sceptile in the shoulder and it shrieked in pain. Luxray pulled back and the grass type fell down. 'Looks like I lost again' Max said depressed and returned his Pokémon. Clemont walked over to him and put his hands on his shoulder, 'don't feel bad. Your getting better, trust me' Clemont said encouraging Max, 'think of Ash he never gives up' Bonnie said adding to the encouragement. Max smiled at their words, 'thanks guys! Your the best' he said with a huge smile.

'Bonnie what's taking you so long' Serena said walking out to the group. 'Oh they just finished their battle' Bonnie said. 'Okay come in dinner is ready' Serena said walking back into her house, soon followed by the rest.

'This is delicious!' Max said gulping down on his food. 'Max slow down you'll start to choke' Serena said looking at the boy, who was 9 years old.  Max started to cough slightly, Serena started rubbing and patting his back. 'Told you!' Serena said, the others sweat dropped. 'I guess your right' Max said with a sheepish smile on his face.

There was knock on the front door. The electricity went out at the same time. Serena hid behind her chair in fear. Clement was the bravest one to reach for the door. There was a muffled voice outside, 'Damn it, Pikachu use thunderbolt on that thing' next thing you know the power was switched back on. Clemont opened the door and a man stood there, hooded.

'Hello, sir?' Clemont said. The figure looked up and took down his hood. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gasped at the man.

'Ash!?'

Ash walked in past Clemont who just had his mouth open in shock. Serena ran to him and embraced him in a tight hug. 'Where have you been?' She started crying in his arms. 'You could have contacted us!' Serena said pulling out and looking at him in the eye. 'Sorry I was busy' Ash said rubbing the back of his head. 'For two years?' Serena said getting angry now. 'Sorry' Ash said sweat dropping at his mistake.

He turned his head slightly revealing a scratch on his left eye. 'What happened to you?' Serena said and grabbed his face to examine the wound. Clemont and the others came close to examine the wound as well. 'It looks like someone or something scratched you' Clemont said looking closely. Ash looked at him like he hit the jackpot. 'Who done this?' Serena demanded. 'Can we sit down?' Ash said. Serena nodded but didn't take her eyes of his wound. It looked deep.

'Tell us what happened?' Max said. Everyone nodded and concentrated on Ash expecting his story. 'Well...' Ash started.

*Flashback*

'Pikachu where are you!?' Ash shouted. He looked around in the dark hoping to see the sparks of Pikachu. But it was nowhere to be seen. Ash continued to walk into the darkness hoping for any kind of sign. Ash
Ash turned a corner and felt a punch in the face. 'You think we wouldn't find you Ketchum?' The boy looked to be the same age as Ash. Ash looked up and saw a boy with Blonde hair and approximately the same age and height as him. 'Who are you' Ash spat blood to his left. 'I'm Ethan Tajiri, Team Flares best after our boss, Lysandre' Ethan said proudly. 'Why do you want me so bad and where's my Pikachu' Ash said standing back and tensing his fist. 'Well after your encounter with Arceus, we sensed great power in your Greninja and you. We felt a threat from you so we wanted you to be held captive while we thrive on the worlds destruction' Ethan said laughing like a waste man.