Chapter 5: A Bad Start

'Guys come on keep up!' Serena shouted as she ran along the shore with her Pokémon and friends. 'Serena seems fired up!' Ash said as he ran behind her. 'Please slow down! I thought you knew I can't keep up!' Clemont shouted and fell into the sand exhausted. 'Come on brother get up' Bonnie said trying to yank him up. However he stood rooted to the ground unwilling to carry on.

'Were they usually like this?' Max asked while he jogged next to Ash. Ash chuckled and nodded. His attention was then diverted towards the pier where the figure from yesterday stood. Ash aimlessly ran and collided with a krabby that was crawling around the beach. The crab Pokémon retaliated and pinched Ash on the leg and scurried off. Ash lost his footing and fell face flat in the sand.

'Ow!' Ash screamed and lay in the sand unable to move from the bite. Serena stopped running and went to Ash. 'Ash are you..,' Serena started and saw his leg which had claw marks on it, 'Oh no, make his sit up while I get the first aid' Serena said and ran off. Max helped Ash sit up straight. 'Why always me' Ash cried in frustration. He looked back at the pier but there was nothing there. 'Go to the water..' A deep voice spoke. Ash became startled and looked at Max, who wasn't paying attention. 'Did you say something?' Ash asked. Max shook his head, Ash looked for Clemont but he was still lying in the sand further back. Ash felt rather chilled and shrugged it off but again the voice came, 'the water will heal you.' With force Ash got up and headed towards the ocean water.

'Ash stop walking, your going to inflict more pain to yourself' Serena shouted as she ran back to him. 'I-I can't' Ash stuttered and entered the water. 'Ash it's salt...water' Serena said, but once Ash entered the water, the wound slowly disappeared from his leg. Ash looked down at his leg and looked confused. He stepped out of the water and felt dry. However his legs became numb and fell down.

'Ash!' Serena shouted and ran to him, 'are you okay?' Serena asked sitting down next to him. 'Ash how did you do that' Max said before Ash could give any response. He just shrugged, 'I don't know.' 'What do you mean? You knew what you were doing, I saw the focus in your eyes' Max replied. 'Well I heard voices and then just started walking' Ash said. Before Serena could reply a man spoke, 'hearing voices are a strange occurrence but it does happen to gifted people' It was professor Sycamore. 'Professor!' Serena said. 'Ah Serena! How nice to meet you' Sycamore said and shook her hand. He then turned to Ash, 'you must be Aaron?' He asked. 'Yea' Ash simply replied. 'Scott has told me about you. It unfortunately reminds me of Ash, don't know what he became now' Sycamore said. Serena looked at Ash nervously but Ash looked calm to her surprise, 'yea who knows' Ash said with a bit of regret in his tone. Serena held his arm for support. 'Young Love, its beautiful' Sycamore said, causing Serena to blush, 'anyway meet me at the main building, there is an announcement' Sycamore added and walked off.

'Sorry guys, what did we miss?' Clemont said as he rejoined the group. 'Sycamore came' Serena said, Clemonts eyes widened. 'Really?' Clemont said with excitement, 'what did he say' He added. 'We have to go to the main building' Ash said emotionlessly. 'Oh.. Okay' Clemont said rather disappointed. 'Well we better start going' Serena said. They agreed and walked off to the main building.

••••••

'Welcome To The battle Royale!' Sycamore announced. Everyone applauded until he waved his hand in order for them to stop. 'Your wondering why all you guys are here early?' He said looking around the audience who were all nodding and looking impatient. 'Well did you receive the little to do list in your rooms?' He asked. 'Yes' Everyone said in sync with each others voices. 'Well if you haven't guessed by now, those are the pre tournament challenges put out for you guys!' He said. 'First today we will have to PokéVision competition, you will all make a video and compare with your hotel members for which one should be entered in the final pickings, is that clear?' He bellowed out. The audience looked around their hotel table and nodded together. 'Dismissed' Sycamore said and disappeared of stage.