Chapter 3: Goal To Be Stronger!

'We'll be arriving in Kanto soon, please fasten your seat-belts' the air hostess called through the mic. 'Ash why do you want to go back to Kanto?' Clemont asked as he knew what happened here the last time they visited this region. 'I just want to check if they are headed to the tournament as well' Ash said. They knew he was hiding something. Something about his voice made them feel uneasy.

'But they'll recognise us, we haven't changed much' Serena said. The rest nodded as she had a point. 'Pretend you found out I was a cheater and you left me' Ash said. 'No way! We are not doing that' Serena said angrily. 'Trust me I know what I'm doing' Ash said putting on his hoodie. 'What do you mean' Max asked. 'Well in nowadays I'm known as Aaron Nakamura, so they won't know who I am' Ash said putting his hood on. 'It's risky Ash' Clemont said pointing at his Pikachu. Ash sighed, 'trust me' he simply said. The group contested his decision but decided to go along with it. 'I'm staying with you though' Serena whispered in his ear and held his hand. Ash smiled and increased the grip.

After 15 minutes the plane touchdown at Viridian airport in the Kanto Region. 'Well let's head to Pallet, I guess' Max said turning to Ash but he had disappeared. 'Ash?' Max called out. Serena realised his grip wasn't on her hand and started looking around. 'Ash!?' Serena shouted getting worried. It wasn't long lasted as he reappeared in front of her. 'Anything wrong?' Ash asked. 'Where'd you go?' Bonnie asked.

Ash showed his bottle of Mountain Dew, 'A drink.' Serena saw him add a PokéBall to his belt and eyed him suspiciously. 'You went to Pallet' Serena said still looking at the PokéBall but turned her gaze at Ash's eyes. 'Um... Yes' Ash said. 'Why?' Clemont asked. 'I couldn't leave him behind' Ash said holding up the PokéBall. 'Who is it?' Max asked eagerly. 'You should know' Ash said and winked at him. Max started thinking hard but couldn't find any answer.

'Well can't you teleport us to Pallet' Serena asked. 'Yes but they are not there' Ash said. 'Then where?' Serena replied. Ash didn't respond and started walking towards the exit of the airport. They were outside when Ash stopped.

'In that restaurant' Ash pointed at the restaurant which was at the end of the road. 'Sweet, let's go' Max started walking but Ash pulled him back. 'Wait, remember I am Aaron Nakamura and you have given up on Ash' Ash said firmly. The group hesitated and nodded.

They made their way down the road, all walking nervously as to how Ash might act in front of them. 'Ash are you sure you're going to be fine' Serena said squeezing his hand. 'Trust me' Ash reassured the honey blonde performer by returning the squeeze. They were now at the entrance and spotted the betrayers sitting down at the far back.

They breathed in huge breaths before walking in. Serena let go of Ash's hand and walked in front of the group. Misty spotted them and stood up instantly. 'Hey what do you think you're doing here!' She shouted. For a second they thought she was pointing at Ash but was pointing at Serena.

'Look calm down!' Clemont started, 'we've come to join you guys' Serena finished his sentence. They all eyed the group suspiciously. 'Why?' May said eying Ash. 'We realised you guys were right all along so we came to apologise' Serena said looking at Delia. Delia looked uneasy but changed her expression to a happy one. 'Thank god you had senses otherwise you were done for' Delia said sighing a sense of relief. Serena clenched her fist but Ash held it and motioned her to calm down.

The group the took notice of Ash's presence. 'Whose he?' Gary asked looking at Ash. 'He's our friend, Aaron Nakamura' Clemont said. Calem stood up and examined Ash/Aaron. 'Welcome to the group' he said and hugged Ash. Ash didn't return the hug and instead pulled out. 'I don't do hugs' Ash said with a cold tone, which surprised the betrayers.

'Jeez he looks dead' Dawn said like she was a sassy girl. 'Hey give him a break, his mother died recently and well he hasn't been himself' Max said. The group took pity on him, 'Oh sorry about that' Delia said. Ash just humphed and ignored eye contact. 'Well Serena it's great to have you back' Calem said and grabbed her hand. He took her and sat her down while he sat next to her. He put his arms around her causing everyone to fan girl at the scene. Serena looked at Ash desperately for help but he just told her to go with the flow. Serena hesitated but realised he was right.