Chapter 10: Mending a Childs Heart Part 2

*Notice*
SORRY FOR ANY SPELLING OR GRAMMAR ERRORS!
___________________________

'Wow Ash! Thank you for getting me some food! I don't know how to return the favour' Zack said as he finished up with his food. '

No worries Kid, this is my way of saying thanks for sticking up for me. No one has done that from me except my real friends/ Girlfriend' Ash said.

His mind then drifted off to Serena and kept thinking about her safety. 'Your thinking about Serena?' Zack said making Ash look at him confused.

'Um... yeah. How'd you know?' Ash asked scratching his head. 'It was obvious and I'm use to it, because of my sister..' He paused after he said sister making Ash concerned.

Ash finished up his food, which only took a minute, considering his eating habits.

'Well let's head back to your hotel, I'll drop you off' Ash said. He got up and gave change to the waiter before motioning Zack to lead the way.

'No honestly it's fine, I can go by myself' Zack said frantically.

'I can't let you do that, because first I have nothing to do, and secondly it's not safe to wander around alone in the night, and the fact that you are only a child will make you even more vulnerable' Ash said in concern of the young boy, which made him look up at Ash. Ash then spotted red marks on Zack's arms. They were almost all over his arms.

'What is this?' Ash said in concern. Ash grabbed his hands and took him outside so no one could hear the scene.

'What happened, Zack?' Ash said in a caring tone looking curiously at the marks. Zack began to stutter not knowing what to say. He tried to think of a lie, but couldn't and eventually gave in.

'My step mom' Zack looked down at the ground expecting Ash to yell at him for not telling the truth. However he was surprised with his response, 'I want you to take me to her.' Zack was lost for words. He could see determination and anger on Ash's face.

'Okay..' The young boy said and escorted Ash to a house which was on the outskirts of the island and quite far away from the main areas. 'This is your house?' Ash asked pointing to a little hut which was the only one on the road. 'Yeah' Zack said and nervously approached the door. He gave two silent knocks on the door, but no response came. Ash looked through a window and saw the living room filled with people. He then decided to knock down the door, and gave a kick which sent the door to the ground with a heavy thud, which wasn't noticeable due to the heavy music.

'What's going on?' Ash looked at Zack who was looking frightened. 'Can we please go away from here?' Zack said impatiently. 'Why we only just got here' Ash replied and walked inside the house and saw people talking and dancing. Ash then asked which one was his mother, in which to Zack pointed to a fair lady with brown hair. She was talking to a man who was well built in muscle and had tattoos up to his neck.

'Whose that?' Ash asked, looking at the man in curiosity. 'He's my step dad' Zack said which confused Ash even more.

'Okay, basically my mum and dad split up when I was young. I was forced as well as my sister to go with my father. I haven't heard from mother since. Then my father married this lady, hoping everything would go to normal. But after only a few months, Me, my dad and sister were involved in a heavy car crash, which I survived with no scars, however my Sister and Dad... died due to their injuries' Zack said, with tears forming in his eyes.

'And then these marks?' Ash asked pointing at his arm. 'Her and my step dad, do it. She blames me of the death of my father, so my step father hits me' Zack said now beginning to cry. Ash had an angry face, and looked towards his parents.