Chapter 33: Disguised Hero

Sorry for any mistakes
~~
Serena sat in her cell helplessly for hours but no one else came down. She looked towards Red but he was still knocked out. She was losing her hope - she wanted Ash back but she knew it would be risky for him to comes just then the hatch door opened and in came what looked like a grunt. Serena stood up and went to to the edge of the cell.

"Let Ash go! Please! Don't hurt him" Serena pleaded.

"Ma'am I'm here to release you on Lynsadre's orders - so please remain quiet as we go out - for your own safety" it sounded like a young boy but his eyes were covered because of the hood. Serena didn't know what to say, did this mean Ash was caught? The boy opened the door and took Serena off her chains.

"What about him?" Serena asked pointing at Red.

"He'll be out soon... but now follow me and keep your mouth closed. Also you need to wear this because the gate only recognises uniform so you'll need to wear it to get out" The boy added. Serena didn't know whether this was another ploy.

"Please go over there and don't turn back or I will burn you with Delphox" Serena said. The boy didn't say anything and turned around, which Serena was surprised about. "Has Ash been caught?" Serena asked.

"No, Ash Ketchum - has handed himself in apparently - but these are all rumours" The boy said. Serena then changed in silence - her heart beating fast hoping these rumours are false. She then tapped the boy's shoulder to know she was done.

"Ok now - keep your head down and mouth shut" The boy said - Serena nodded and followed him up the ladder and down the big hall. Serena walked close to the boy - she felt comfort and safe by him. She kept her head down as instructed by the boy - who was walking at serious pace.

"Alright, Richard? Where are you going taking this chick?" They both stood still and saw that it was Calem. Serena kept her head down as she saw the boys hand motion her too. The boy still had his eyes covered looked towards Calem.

"Boss has instructed us to search Ketchum around the premises - we believe he is near" The boy said.

"Oh good, make sure to bring that bastard back! After all I have his girlfriend here. Although I'm disappointed no one is allowed down there - but I would definitely have fun with that slut!" Calem said and walked away. Serena felt the boy's breathing tense and saw his hands tightly clenched. Serena on her own accord grabbed his hand - she could feel the boy loosen up and begin to walk again.

They stopped around corners until it was empty - and finally reached the exit at which Serena lifted her head up. The boy pointed her to touch her glove on the scanner - it blinked green and she was let out followed by the boy.

Serena saw trees all around her - and then looked back at the huge base of Team Flare. She then saw the boy next to her and he began to motion her to follow once more. "Aren't you meant to get back inside? I can handle myself now" Serena said. But now the boy grabbed her and ran until they were out of sight.

~

"Lysandre - what exactly are we trying to get off the boy?" It was a fat man in a lab coat. He has a goatee which was the same colour as his hair, which was red. He approached his boss who was looking at a stone, a figure of Greninja and an arrow pointing of an arc.

"This" Lysandre said pointing at what looked like a diagram. It showed the shuriken being replaced by the arc symbols and having a few white features hovering from its legs and ears as well as neck. The scientists looked confused at what he was looking at.

"I still don't know..." He replied.

"Look I've just told you to create that machine - now just create that then I'll explain!" Lysandre said getting pissed.