Chapter 29: Realisation?

Sorry for any mistakes
~~

"Well I have just found Ash Ketchum's big weakness" Calem said walking around his room. Lysandre was sitting on an arm chair smiling with malice. Calem stopped and immediately looked towards the orange haired man.

"I've got the same idea" Lysandre said, which made Calem surprised but made him grin widely.

"Serena will be mine now!" Calem said

"The world will be mine"

~

(Time Skip)

It was now the final battles of the group stage, Ash was safely through to the knockout stages, along with Paul who finished second. Today was Ash against Brock and to see whether Ash can go through unbeaten, also make history by being the first person to do it.

As he was about to leave, Serena arrived at the room looking happy. Ash immediately became alarmed that she went out alone. He grabbed her put her against the wall. "Where have you been! Didn't I tell you not to wander around!" Ash said angrily.

"Woah Ash, I also have a life and sometimes I need my space!" Serena replied calmly.

"So your saying, you don't enjoy my company?" Ash said, sounding a little hurt.

"No Ash, don't take it like..." Serena was cut off by Ash. "No Serena, you underestimate the limits I take for you! I can't believe that you didn't take precaution!" Ash said annoyed.

"Ash! I am not a tool! I'm your girlfriend and we are equal. You aren't my boss and you can't tell me to stay with you 24/7. You have stuff to do and so do I! Don't make this an obsession!" Serena shouted.

"Don't raise your voice at me! And I am not obsessed - it is my love" Ash shouted back.

"Well this love is suffocating me! So stop being so protective over me! I'm not leaving you - I've already experienced this and your going down a dark route" Serena said.

"You think I don't know how this feels! I've had my own mum manipulated by a fraud and practically faced death everyday! Just go! I can't be asked!" Ash said and stormed of to the arena.

"No wait Ash! This is what I mean you're being obsessed! Control your emotions!" Serena shouted. Ash sped up and disappeared around the corner. His anger was reaching limits as he barged past people.

He was a few minutes late but the ref allowed it as there was some form of traffic due to the crowd. Ash entered the dressing room and sat there trying to calm down but nothing was working.

"Battlers - to the podium" the speaker in the room announced. Ash got up and took two pokeball's. Pikachu then jumped on its trainers shoulder with a worried expression.

"Pika?"

"I'm fine" Ash huffed. Pikachu decided to stay quite as they rose onto the battlefield. The crowd were very loud - which made Ash feel unsettled. He didn't know why, he never felt affected by a crowd. This time he also resisted looking at Serena - he still held a grudge.

With Serena, she looked towards Ash waiting for their usual eye contact but Ash looked down at the ground then towards Brock. Serena knew Ash was angry. "Oh please Ash - wake up!" Serena said in her mind.

"Serena you look worried? It's against a Brock - should be piss easy for Ash" Gary said.

"Yeah but we had an argument before this - and he's still holding his grudge because I told him he's being too obsessed with my whereabouts than his life." Serena said.