Chapter 11: The Start Of Hate

'Where is Ash?' Serena had her worried face on as she searched the crowds for Ash. Max, Clement and Bonnie were also doing the same but there was no sign of the raven haired boy or Pikachu. 'Well hello beautiful' Calem said, he grabbed Serena's hand but Serena pulled away quickly. 'I don't have time for your failed love attempts, please!' Serena said angrily as she continued to scan the large crowd. 'Calem she has a point' Gary came laughing. He then smacked Calem on the back, making him lunge until Clement broken it up. 'Well have you guys heard.. Ketchum is in town. How can that loser show up after the things he has done. Even to his mother' Gary said. Serena was about to scream at his face until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Ash standing there telling her to back down. 'It's okay..' Ash said in a calm voice before looking at Gary and Calem with the usual distaste.

'Serena get away from him, don't make the mistake as you did those years ago!' Calem said. Serena wanted to bust his eyeballs out but kept her calm. She looked over to Ash, who had his eyes fixed on a young boy beside him. 'Go wait inside, this isn't for you to mess around with' Ash said in a calm but instructive voice. Zack hesitated but entered inside the hall looking back before the door shut. 'Great father you make, but it's a shame you've let your own well, actually your mother down' Calem said. Serena expected Ash to act and lunge but she saw his face. It was smiling and it looked at ease. 'I don't know what your talking about.. I have no mother' Ash simply said. He grabbed Serena's hand and took her into the hall followed by Max, Clement and Bonnie. Calem and Gary stood there shell shocked. 'We need to inform this to the others!' Calem said angrily before walking towards another entrance to the main hall.

With the gang...

As Ash entered the hall with Serena, all the pairs of eyes were fixed on him. Gasps and snarls were thrown his way as the crowd showed their displeasure at his presence. Ash took himself and Serena to the back row, where Zack was sitting. Clement and Bonnie approached the trio and took a seat next to them. Eyes were still fixed on them, Ash could feel the temptation to shout but held it in as he felt Serena's grip tighten on his hand.

To his fortune, Professor Sycamore had appeared on stage causing the heads to swivel in his direction. 'Ahem, can I have everybody's attention,' Sycamore gazed around the room to see the pairs of eyes until he locked with Ash's, 'thats better. As you may know Ash Ketchum has kindly joined us at the tournament. No matter what you think of him or whoever he is, hatred and abuse will not be tolerated at this place, is that clear?' Sycamore once again looked around and saw each head apart from Ash and Calem's head nod.

'Okay on that note, the orienteering arena has all been set up, so at 12:00 head over to the beach for further info and to get the hunting underway. Dismissed!' The professor called out and walked back off the stage, behind the curtains as people filed out of the doors.

The snarling had not stopped as Ash was forced out by security this time. They took him to a private room. He had been separated from everybody else during the process. He looked around, it was some kind off office room. He then took notice of an image he had seen earlier. It was his greninja, but in Ash Greninja form, then followed by an arrow to the image of the Greninja the man had the other night. The image was circled and had words written in bold letters: On this island!

Ash looked confusedly at the picture. He then found a note sticking above it. He could see his name written on it but not the rest, as he was about to take the note Professor Sycamore came bursting through the room. 'Why are you here!?' He shouted and dropped his files onto the desk. Ash didn't react, and he had no answer. 'What do you mean?' Ash asked.

'Listen, if I find out that you cheat during any of the battles or activities, I will call the police' Sycamore glared at Ash, which really didn't intimidate him. 'So even you believe the rumours?' Ash said in a disgusted tone. 'Well all the facts are against you, so there is no denying' Sycamore replied. 'What Facts?! There are no bloody facts that prove me wrong!' Ash said his anger levels rising. 'Thats not the case.. you have got my warning. So you better be on your best behaviour!' Sycamore said in a cocky voice. 'You people are ridiculous!' Ash said and stormed out the room, smashing the door on the way.