Chapter 36: War Part 1

Sorry for any mistakes!
~~
As Ash collected his trophy, many things behind the scenes began to happen. Calem had disappeared from the pitch and Ash seemed to notice this as he got of his podium. Alarm bells started to ring in his head. He done a photoshoot for the media before hurrying off to his changing room. Surprisingly it wasn't hogged by any reporters but Ash knew danger was brewing. It was quick and fast. As he shut the door he heard a large blast from the battlefield. Ash rushed out of his changing room.

He ran to the battlefield and saw a large machine in the middle with part of the stadium ripped apart. There was chaos everywhere. "Oh no where is Serena and the others!?" Ash said out loud. Him and Pikachu dashed out of the stadium to find Serena and the others but there was no luck. Just then more explosions were heard and he could see 4 pillars erupt from the ground and surround the stadium and over look the island.

Before Ash could run any further Lysandre's men landed in front of him and Pikachu. They all closed in on Ash. "Pikachu thunder!" Ash shouted. Pikachu jumped into the air and released a thunder attack at the grunts but it was deflected by another Pokemon. A Greninja landed between the grunts and Ash. Ash seemed confused.

"Ash it's no use..." Red wheeled himself in on his wheelchair towards the scene. Ash almost fainted at what he was seeing. "Dad what are you doing here?" Ash asked hoping he was dreaming. "Ash you must give in... Lysandre has won, with the power he can do greater things for the world you have to trust me!" Red said. Ash lowered his hat and tears started to form. He began to chuckle a little. "I should've known... you can't trust anyone in this world... I'll only trust you when hell freezes over! Pikachu use quick attack!" Ash said commanding Pikachu to attack Red but Greninja transformed into its pure form and stopped Pikachu with ease. And sent it flying back into Ash.

Ash was winded from this and buckled to the floor in pain in his ribs. "Son, we could have done this the easy way but you've chosen the hard way... so you will suffer. Greninja knock him out!" Red said and he wheeled himself away. Greninja used cut and smashed Ash's head. "I-I trusted y-you!" Ash said before collapsing onto the ground. Team Flare grunts then put on devices on his hand and feet and it locked in place.

"Take him to the field!" A grunt shouted.

~

With Serena and the others they searched for Ash everywhere but they could not find him. And by luck they ran into the traitors who looked rather pale and lost. Serena approached them angrily but then noticed their weary faces and stances. "Serena is that you?" May said rubbing her eyes and she stood up. "Yes it is May... what do you want?" Serena replied in a harsher tone. "No Serena, you must understand that none of us meant to betray Ash it was Calem! He did something to us!" Misty said looking at Serena, Bonnie, Clemont, Zack and Gary with guilt in their eyes.

"Of course! Their chips have run out! Serena they are right! We have to believe them" Gary said and then he showed an example on dawns neck that the chip came of easily. Serena and the others nodded and spent a few minutes taking of the chips on the others and soon they all felt fresh and fit. Then Serena explained what was going on and the former traitors felt deeply guilty that this has all been caused by them.

"Look if you want to make it up for Ash we have to fight for him because he is missing ever since the trophy ceremony!" Zack said with urgency. The group nodded and rushed towards the scene of crime. They then saw the huge pillars that surrounded the stadium perimeters. It almost created a force field with energy that was emitted from each pillar. "we cannot get in by force we must find the control room! Brock said. Examining the pillars.

"Me Paul, Max, Clemont and Zack will head to the control room, I've located it already" Brock said looking at a building that was a neighbour to the biggest pillars. "Okay, Me, May, Misty, Dawn, Iris, Cilan and Gary will check the front entrance and take out any front guards stationed so going in will be made easier." Serena said. The group nodded and headed in opposite directions.