Chapter 7: Strong Hearts

The beedrill attacked Greninja non stop as he tried to defend all of them, to his fortune Ash regained some of his consciousness and ordered his greninja to attack. 'Gr-Greninja use w-water Shuriken' Ash stuttered as he had trouble to focus on the battle. Greninja's attack was spot on and sent the beedrills flying away. Greninja with quick thinking grabbed Ash and disappeared into the trees.

Once he was certain they were further away from any harm, Greninja set Ash on the floor. Ash just stared into the sky as he felt his body weaken. 'T-that was close' Ash sighed. 'Take rest for now' Greninja said. Greninja then fell to the ground as well and lay next to Ash unconscious while Ash stared into the sky. 'I need to find a way out of here quick' Ash thought in his mind.

He snapped out of his thoughts as he heard Greninja's body shuffle next to him. A metallic arm had grabbed onto him and dragged him towards the balloon from where the arm came from. 'Team Rocket!' Ash shouted weakly. 'Well it will always be us!' James said.

Ash got to his feet in anger and did not feel the pain due to the adrenaline. 'Give back my Greninja!' Ash shouted. 'No! Since Pikachu isn't here we'll just take your Greninja!' Jessie replied. 'Adios!' Meowth shouted and directed the balloon to fly into a different direction. Ash quickly ran towards the balloon before it could take off but was stopped.

'Inkay, psybeam!' James shouted. Inkay turned to Ash and released the psybeam towards his direction. Ash covered his body in protection and was blown backwards by the impact. Ash just growled and ran back once again. 'Inkay again!' James shouted. Ash stopped and covered his face expecting the impact but didn't receive any. He looked up and saw a thunder bolt fighting the psybeam in the air before exploding.

'Pika pi!' Ash turned around and saw Pikachu and Serena running towards him. 'Pikachu! Serena!' Ash waved. Serena and Pikachu were beaming happily as they saw Ash. 'Ash your okay!' Serena shouted and tackled him into a hug. 'I need to get Greninja down' Ash pulled out and turned back towards the balloon.

'Braxien come on out!' Serena released her PokéBall. The fire type from the Kalos region appeared in front of Serena in battle stance. 'Ash you get Greninja and I'll hold them off' Serena said. Ash nodded and started speeding off to the side.

'How cute.. Gourgeist use shadow ball' Jessie shouted. Her Pokémon flew out of the balloon and sent the shadow ball at Ash. 'Braxien use flamethrower!' Serena replied. Her fire type let out the chunk of flame and and destroyed the shadow ball allowing Ash to run on.

'This is it come on' Ash said to himself. He bent down low but his knees buckled from the pain. He fell onto one knee and next thing he knew he was hit with a shadow ball. 'Braxien will o wisp!' Serena shouted desperately. By now the others had caught up and were watching the scene. Braxien smashed the Gourgeist straight into Jessie giving Ash more time.

'I can't lose to them!' Ash shouted out. He felt a tug in his gut and his posture became straight. He felt all the pain in his body evaporate as he became engulfed in water. He floated to the balloon and landed inside. The water then disappeared. 'Give back my Greninja!' Ash said. 'James do something!' Jessie shouted. 'Meowth all yours!' James replied. Meowth jumped at Ash but a flamethrower knocked him and the others flying out of the balloon.

'We're blasting off again!' The trio shouted and vanished into the blue sky. Ash jumped down to the metallic arm and tried to break it. 'Hold on I'll get you ou...' an explosion from the balloon caused Ash to lose grip and fall straight towards the ground. 'Master!' Greninja shouted. The ninja Pokémon felt adrenaline rush through his body as the water engulfed his body. The Shuriken appeared on his back cutting through the metallic arms.

Greninja adjusted it's body shape and glided towards Ash's body. It grabbed onto Ash and done a mid air flip to make them straight. Greninja landed with elegance on the floor and set Ash down. 'Master are you okay?' Greninja asked. 'Ash!' Serena shouted and ran towards them. 'Guys, I-I'm fine..' Ash said but collapsed to the ground. Greninja returned to it's normal self and fell onto his knees.