Chapter 30: Ash's Weakness & Master plan?

Sorry for any mistakes
~~

It has been 1 month, and Ash had progressed to the semi finals by beating his opponents in the two legged ties. He had to overcome the likes of Alain in the quarter final to advance. In these ties it is a 3v3 match but the trainer gets to pick the battlefield. Ash has always chosen the open field one while his opponents have been mixed with all sorts - but being Ash he overcame any challenge possible.

His semi final opponent would be none other than Tierno. Tierno was feeling confident and used this to regain Serena's love - which would prove to be difficult. However Serena would try and play it off hoping he would stop but nothing seemed to work.

"Look - if I beat Ash. I am better so obviously you'd got out with me! And plus I've known you in Kalos before him" Tierno argued.

"I've known him since I was a little kid!" Serena replied and walked away from Tierno quickly looking for Ash but she couldn't find him anywhere. Even after making him realise she felt recently that Ash was getting a little distant away from the group. Normally before his matches he would be with the group for their luck but he just went straight to the dressing room and locked the doors.

"Why is he avoiding us? Did anyone one of us say anything to him?" Gary asked looking surprised. He then noticed a green haired girl coming out of Ash's changing room but she looked upset. Luckily for Serena she didn't notice.

"No, I don't think so... we've all been nice I think" Zack said equally confused. They then left the thoughts and headed towards their seat to watch the semi final commence. "I can't believe Tierno made it this far - I would have bet Alain to be here" Bonnie said.

"Yeah but I had to face Ash of all people in the quarter finals - and he well and truly beat me 6-2" Alain said. But he felt happy that he lost to Ash and not some rookie.

"I mean you knocked out his Sceptile and Lucario - his Lucario is up there with the likes of Greninja so you did pretty well" Clemont said assuring the trainer.

"Yeah I guess but his Pikachu is whole different level as well this year. Pikachu would struggle a little against my Charizard but he gave me a horrid time and well he wiped out the rest of my team" Alain said sweat dropping. Serena had remained quiet. She was feeling uneasy by this Ash business and sat on her seat worried.

"Calm down... I think Ash is just as worried for his battle because he can finally prove himself from all those accusations. Probably this biggest challenge in his career" Zack said holding the blondie's hand.

"I don't know... but I guess your right." Serena said and looked towards the field as the two trainers emerged onto the scene.

"Welcome Ladies And Gentlemen to the first Semi Final match of the Battle royale - we are edging ever closer to the glory day but first we have another battle to watch before the finals! So would you please welcome, Tierno!! And Ash!"

Music started playing and fireworks were set off and the two trainers emerged walked to their podiums. Ash looked like his normal self while Tierno was taking in the crowds noise. They then did a coin toss to see who would pick the battle field first.

"Well ladies and Gentlemen - Tierno has won the toss and has elected Ash to choose the battlefield first" the announcer shouted. This surprised mostly everyone in the stadium. But Ash smiled and chose his usual open field stage, which Tierno smiled at.

"You will have to use three Pokémon for the first half - and then for the second half you will use your other set off 3 - is that clear?" The referee said to the two trainers who nodded.

"Release your Pokémon!"

"Blastoise, come out to fight!" Tierno Shouted and released the Kanto starter in its final evolution. Ash smirked and looked towards his partner. "Let's make this quick and efficient" Ash spoke through telepathy. Pikachu nodded.