Chapter 35: Judgement Day

Sorry for any mistakes
~~
Ash was up early, he had recalled every event that had gone through his life since he first began. When he first met Pikachu to saving Serena and his father. He was sat in the stadium where the final would take place later today... it was dusk hence the lighting was dim. Pikachu was curled up on his lap while his hat lay beside him. His mind kept casting back to Lysandre because he knew something was brewing behind the scenes. He shook his head and came back to battle thoughts. "I cannot let Lysandre distract me now... I need to win and clear my name today! This trophy has my name written on it" Ash shouted and threw his fist in the air with passion.

There was a door opening in the stands which caused Ash to turn around. He saw his father in a wheel chair perched up on top of the stairs. Ash picked up Pikachu and walked to his father in the stands. "How are you feeling dad?" Ash asked and his dad replied with a weak smile. "All good... just wanted you to know that you have to win today... show me your power" Red said a monotone voice. "Of course! I will show the world that only training reaches you to this level not any drug! I will clear my name..." Ash replied.

"Yes... the power then save it for my friend..." Red said in an evil tone.

"Dad... are you okay?" Ash asked confused with the sudden change in tone.

"Ash you must conserve this power and let him use it! For the greater good" Red said now sitting back in his wheelchair but Ash was confused. "But who are you talking about? And what power?" Ash asked. "Lysandre son... if you lend him your god powers... the world will develop and be more democratic under his leadership... trust me son" Red said but Ash stood away from his father.

"God power? And I will never let Lysandre touch me! Dad what are you saying?" Ash said now in complete disbelief. "You and Greninja have another level... far beyond mine. You are the chosen one!" red said with exclamation. "Yes I've heard that a million times but what's that got to do with anything!" Ash said getting more and more angry. "Since Arceus chose you... he has gifted his powers to you as well! Hence you and your Greninja have unlocked God phenomenon which is very ancient and was only ever done by your ancestor Sir Aaron..." Red explained. But Ash stood there perplexed unable to process what he had just said.

"Ok... but why do you want me to give this to my foe don't you remember the bad shit he has done?" Ash asked looking at his dad but he just sighed, "your are blinded by hatred, you need to see the big picture Ash, your power is something that can be used by everyone for the greater good, so giving it to Lysandre means he will distribute it evenly while he creates a new and fair world!" Red said but Ash was having none of it.

"Bullshit! I am not trusting Lysandre or you! I can't believe you after all we've been through and I even saved you! And your going to stab me in the back!" Ash said and he ran away in tears...

Ash woke up with a sweat all around his body, he looked around and found himself back in his hotel room in peace for once. He looked next to him and saw Serena still asleep with Pikachu cuddled in her arms. He read the clock and it was dusk, so he decided to go out for a breather. He went downstairs in his room to check on his father and saw him fast asleep... "did that dream mean anything?" Ash thought. He went on his balcony and just watched over the island in its peace. There was a breeze but a pleasant one...

"What is God phenomenon?" Ash asked out loud.

"Funny you say that!" A voice behind Ash spoke, he jumped a little and saw Red in his wheelchair behind him. Ash could feel the deja vu except they are not in a stadium this time. "Your great great great great grandfather was the only one his time to inherit that power... and some say these days it's you... well mainly Lysandre but I say it as well" Red said and this caused Ash to smile a little, "Yeah But surely I don't have it if it is so rare!" Ash replied. "You are the chosen one..." Red implied but Ash rolled his eyes.